Kemper drives: volume and unprocessed sound

• Hi, I updated my Kemper at 8.0 os to get the new drives… And they are great!

But I did not realize exactly how the volume parameter works in relation to unprocessed sound.

I mean , if I leave the volume of the drive at 0 I can still hear a good portion of the sound unprocessed (clean). I know this happens also with TS style pedals, but in the Kemper this effect seems to be exaggerated to my ears.

If I increase the volume of the drive near to the max the unprocessed sound disappears.

I wonder: Is it a normal behavior? I have already checked my settings and I do not have any parallel function activated.

Thank You

• The real Tubescreamer is like this. It’s mainly why it’s known as a great push pedal to a broken up amp, rather than the type of overdrive you’d use on a clean amp. Ew haha

yes, i know. To my ears the clean path in the KD seems pretty high though. However, I only own one OD pedal (Fulltone Fulldrive 2 mosfet) and I really never use it. Iw would make a really funky paper weight though ?

i almost never use any OD or distortion pedals but I did try a side by side comparison between the KD and Fulldrive. The KD clean path sounded much higher. Although the Fulldrive is a TS inspired pedal, it is entirely possible that it has a much lower clean path than other TS style pedals though.

Anyway, side by side comparisons aside the KD definitely sounds great for an OD pedal ?