Kabinet and stereo loop?

• It looks like the Kone needs the same jacks that are used by the stereo effects loop.

True?

I don't want them if it means losing the loop...

Really hope Kemper will make Kone algorithm available on main outputs for folks not sending those FOH.

• You do not use the loop for the Kabinet. It is not involved in any way with connecting it.

You use the monitor out. For an unpowered Kabinet, connect monitor out to a power amp (use an instrument cable here). Then, power amp to Kabinet using a speaker cable only.

If you have a powered Kabinet, Monitor out to input on Kabinet using an instrument cable.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Let me try this again... I don't think I was clear enough.

The Stereo Effects Loop uses"Direct Output / Send" and both "Return Input" and "Alternative Input".

In the manual:

1) Like the Monitor Cab Off feature, the KEMPER Kone mode is only available for the MONITOR OUTPUT, as well as for the built-in power amp and is dedicated to your personal monitoring. The other outputs are not affected by these features.

2) If you select the option"Monitor Stereo", MONITOR OUTPUT and DIRECT OUTPUT become one logical pair of stereo outputs.

This tells me that if I enable Monitor Stereo in order to use two Kones in stereo, the "Send" necessary for my effects loop is gone.

The loop is absolutely involved if your goal is to use both a Loop and stereo Kones because that one jack can only do one thing at a time.

Seems like a giant oversight - not allowing the main outputs to send to Kones. I mean - not everybody uses the main outputs to send to FOH.

Unless there's a software patch coming, this seems to be a non-starter for using Kones in a stereo rig with stereo effects in the loop (including the Mimiq doubler, the rotary speaker effect where I can control the ramp rate and engage the high speed via envelope control, the Lexicon Vortex and any other stereo gizmo I feel like using.

• I could have put money on there being 2 outputs for monitor on the rack, but I checked! Sounds like the only option is to allow kone info out of the mains ( switchable obviously).

Have you raised it as a feature request? Might be worth putting on there as well...

• It would be nice if the mains were enabled for the Kone. Certainly it would extend the functionality of the legacy models.

In my mind, the XLR outs should be for FOH only, and the 1/4" switchable. There's more to it than just adding Kone functionality. Using the mains for monitoring (stereo or otherwise) now ties your monitor and main out levels together. Probably something that could be addressed, but there is more to it than just enabling Kone on the mains and calling it good.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche