The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• I asked. "We're working on it" ... "Some time in 2014".

I'm thinking of selling mine. Hate to criticize, but a year and a half is just kinda silly to wait for a controller. [thread started in Summer '12]

I mean, really?

• I'm thinking of selling mine. Hate to criticize, but a year and a half is just kinda silly to wait for a controller. [thread started in Summer '12]

I mean, really?

:huh: You're thinking of selling your KPA just because there isn't a Kemper-branded foot controller? Now that sounds "kinda silly" to me...

US$210 (approx.) will get you a brand-new FCB1010 and UnO4Kemper chip. I use it live with no issues.

• ^ Using "patchwork" solutions from 2nd parties is just not cutting it. This far in and still no controller is a serious flaw. My opinion.

• I would say, the argument to sell the KPA, just because one does not have an originally branded foot controller is quite difficult to understand for me. Especially, when there are plenty of alternatives out there. Are there other points you don't like with your KPA?

How does your workflow look like, and why doesn't any of the existing third party optiones fit your requirements?

Off topic: By the way, I have a FCB1010 equipped with the Uno4Kemper and dark in the glow stickers, plus bag for sale, now. And that's not because I am giving up on the KPA, I just changed to a different foot controller. Please PM me if interested.

• IIANM, you can get it with the Eureka. Someone please correct me if I am :)

@ CWalker: many other well-known digital processors have got their own pedalboard much later than their market launch. You can't be serious.

• Ok, I've been made aware of the UnO deal with the FBC1010. User error on my side.

I hate dealing with MIDI, but this seems to be [reading] a 'no brainer'.

I've been enlightened.

• Cool. :) Just make sure to order the Uno4kemper version, which is the no brainer one that works seamlessly with the Kemper. There's also a regular, general purpose UnO chip that would require some MIDI programming and doesn't offer the former's two-way functionality (tuner etc). I've noticed some confusion between the two lately (they're made by the same person).

• I'm looking forward to buy FCB1010 and a chip.
    But don't you think the EurekaPROM 2 suggest more options?

In other words , why Uno4Kemper and not EurekaPROM 2?

btw, to indicate the StompBoxes, Slots ,etc ON and OFF - do I need only 2 midi cable or other unique device?

• As far as I know, the EurekaPROM can't communicate in both directions with the Kemper, so it won't light up the switches to match your stomps, won't have the same patch numbers unless you program it that way, won't have a tuner display, etc. The U4K doesn't have much room for customization, but it does all of those things, so if you just want a solid floorboard to take care of basic controls, it's probably the better choice.

• I bought a mission pedal when I bought my Kemper. I wish I would have bout the FCB1010 instead as it has volume and wah. I thought Christoph would put out a controller by now. Not liking the 2014 thing... That could be at the end of the year for all we know. I just hate forking out $200 for something while I have the Mission pedal sitting around and the Kemper foot controller coming out in the hopefully near future. Kind of frustrating.

• Back when I had my Kemper last year, I had to move to an immediate solution. I needed a footswitch system that would work with it as well as several other features that were missing, thus, I sold the lunchbox unit I had. The reason why I am getting another one is because, those solutions are now all present. FCB for me with the uno4kemper chip. Glad that a workable solution came to be. Looking forward to what Kemper comes up with for their own footswitch. At least in the meantime, i'll have a perfectly usable alternative.

Edited once, last by PBGas ().

• As far as I know, the EurekaPROM can't communicate in both directions with the Kemper, so it won't light up the switches to match your stomps, won't have the same patch numbers unless you program it that way, won't have a tuner display, etc. The U4K doesn't have much room for customization, but it does all of those things, so if you just want a solid floorboard to take care of basic controls, it's probably the better choice.

?? Dude, sorry, but that's so not true. The EurekaPROM as well as most of the alternatives to the U4K allows for 2-way comm. That's the whole point! The advantage of the U4K is that its just pretty simple plug n' play. The Eureka, on the other hand allows for quite a bit more customization as well as letting you use it with other gear apart from the KPA.

Cheers