The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• Seeing as we are straying slightly off topic....I just traded my Carvin Legacy 3 plus cash for a Suhr Pro 3. I was worried about selling the L3 as I loved its organic sound but particularly the clean channel. So I plugged it in to check it was all fine.....and it still had a lovely clean channel....but the two gain channels just weren't doing it for me....and my ability to tweak those was just SO limited compared to my Kemper....obviously. And it was a bit noisy....it's a tube amp after all.

Currently I use a single performance.....Rig 1, clean, 2, touch of hair, 3, a funky crunch (sort of RHCP derived crunch tone), 4, a brutal gain riff tone, 5, liquid lead. The FCB gives me a wah and I use the volume pre-pedals to be able to add gain to any of those rigs.....I use a Flanger, a volume up stomp, a volume down stomp and a delay.

The point is, the flexibility I have there is greater than the best previous set up I ever had that was a PT-3 full of pedals, a Radial Headchanger and an A/B pedal using 2 sometimes 3 amps...so 1, sometimes 2 speaker cabs...but that is when it worked....sometimes there was stray noise / buzzing....and no easy reason why. The Kemper gives me flexibility, with no noise, and consistency at any volume.

Yes I have a wish list....I'd love to be able to have a pure volume pedal as well as a gain expression pedal.....and I'd love to be able to combine amp models....I used to love blending my OR15 with different degrees of 5150 II savagery....

But overall, this is the most consistent, flexible and portable solution I've ever had.....and I've had a lot of different set ups.....including the DV Multiamp....

In summary, Kemper has revolutionised my setup.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Cheers,
    Andy :)

• Sometimes I'm reading the forum and I think that some people work for the kemper company and don't get me wrong.
    I'm reading the forum and there is no criticism and 90% of the writers are fanboys who love and be excited all day and night with the product. The same thing happens to other official forums too.

... And you find it weird that those who have bought a product actually like it? Really? 8|

If someone doesn't like the Profiler usually sells or returns it, and is no longer active on the forum after a short while. So it's no surprise that most members here love it: those who don't have gone.

• If it's priced higher than people want to purchase, there are so many good options for control it's not funny. I'm just looking forward to this because it will make things a little simpler for me - but I've gigged for nearly three years with my Kemper and a Ground Control Pro. Worked just fine, I know the Uno and FCB setup is great for a lot of users too.

If you're going to buy a Mercedes, don't expect the accessories to be cheap.

• Does anyone know if I can use the Triaxis with the new Foot Controller from the midi out of Kemper? Like presets and exp for volume,gain,master volume. I'm using Roland fc-300 and it works with this.

• I can certainly understand that the KFC might well cost more than the FCB1010 simply due to the NRE (non-recurring engineering for those that are not in engineering or product development). The FCB development has been paid off years ago and now Behringer can simply skim a profit off of each unit without regards to balancing the books for the effort put in to design the thing.

Sadly, engineers do not work for free (I most surely do not), and good ones are darned expensive.

All of this of course is really not how you price a product (and if you do, you shouldn't be making these kinds of decisions). You price a product based on what the market will bear. No matter what your costs were for developing the product, you (as a company) can't set the price. The market sets the price.

The KFC is the boutique foot controller for one of the most boutique amps out there today. Without doing a market study (which is how I go about getting pricing for our new products btw), I am guessing that Mr. Kemper is going to have a hard time keeping up with demand even if the product is priced at $500 or more.... at least initially.

For me, $400.00 would be a bit of a stretch, but I might treat myself as a birthday present this year ;)

If you do music to make money, then $400.00 is a small price to pay for the capability, small size, and single connection associated with the KFC. If you make enough money on your day job to put whatever you want into your hobby ..... same thing.

If you gig small venue's for fun and don't make >$100k a year, and got your Kemper by mortgaging your home and selling off every other piece of gear you accumulated for the last 30 years, then it is likely that the FCB1010 is going to be hard to part with :)

My gut feeling is that the majority of the kinds of people that buy the Kemper are from the first group .... but I could be wrong.

Many of the posts here seem to be from guys that are much more serious about music than I am and actually get a paycheck from it (while I get beer and gas money). I think the KFC will sell just fine.... and will contribute to my GAS issue.

• I'm gonna call it the KPR (Kemper Profiler Remote)

Speculating on price at this point is, frankly, ridiculous. Do you buy a $5,000 LP and a $10 guitar cable?

I don't think it's Kemper's fault what a person's money situation is.

I know a Janitor in State Government who has the latest Cadillac. He probably doesn't have a penny left after rent and food, but I don't hear him bitching about buying new speakers and a sub for it. Accessories are a choice, not a necessity, right?

We went through this with the Kemper bag. Many chose to buy third party bags that looked like they would fit. Some didn't, so had to be returned. Others had poor handles or poor padding protection. Others were larger and awkward. Others worked well at 1/3 the price.
    But Kemper's Green one fit perfectly. Looks like the KPR will fit on top of it now as well.

THAT is what you get when you buy the company's product: Integrated products that work seamlessly.

What happens when you want to get the latest firmware that has that Spring Reverb and now your Uno4Kemper chip is out of date and your FCB 1010 isn't usable for your gig? That won't be a problem with the KPR.

What's THAT integrated solution worth to YOU? That's the only question.

• Me, too. 3 years of it in HS and I can barely read it, much less understand idiomatic speech.

I wouldn't call it idiomatic (if I go you right) but it can be a bit complicated at times. You can try to watch movies you already know in german. That way you get used to the sound. ;)

My guess is that the KPR will change midi presets. But for the CC part... let's see. But I think thats a feature that can be integrated afterwards if there is enough calling for it :)

• Hi all, new owner of a KPA after a good year or so researching. Massive thing for me is midi out from the Kemper with the arrival of the KFC. At the moment I've remapped my G-System to control it and on the whole the KPA's effects are ok by will never be as good as TC's. No midi out, no external effects but I'm sure CK won't let us down!

• HMVMike,

I have used my G -System for 2 years purely as a midi controller for the KPA.....I disagree that the G-System effects are better than the KPA ones.Also TC have stopped their cevelopment of software etc... since Gibson took them over which has made the G System slightly obsolete to my mind

KPA is also a LOT easier to programme and change parameters on than the G System

• Hi all, new owner of a KPA after a good year or so researching. Massive thing for me is midi out from the Kemper with the arrival of the KFC. At the moment I've remapped my G-System to control it and on the whole the KPA's effects are ok by will never be as good as TC's. No midi out, no external effects but I'm sure CK won't let us down!

HMVMike,

I have used my G -System for 2 years purely as a midi controller for the KPA.....I disagree that the G-System effects are better than the KPA ones.Also TC have stopped their cevelopment of software etc... since Gibson took them over which has made the G System slightly obsolete to my mind

KPA is also a LOT easier to programme and change parameters on than the G System

That makes at least three of us using the G-System:)

While the G-System has more flexibility in mapping its effects to its attached pedals, it does not transmit any MIDI Pedal data. Controlling external FX with switches is a global setting, not per patch, and prevents controlling internal FX from those switches.

I'm switching to the Remote, and using the Kemper FX. It is fewer cables, a smaller controller, and has per rig assignment of switches I - IV.

• Me too Paults....

The G-System is a superbly well built great sounding effects unit but very hard to navigate around....

My only concerns with the KPA Remote are both the build quality/robustness ( I would love one cast and as 'heavy duty' as the G-System ) and maybe the price.

I love that its smaller and more portable than the G-System.

I would hope also that its as user friendly and intuitive as the KPA ....the G-System is a bitch if you push a wrong button and get in deeper than you want in a live situation