Your experiences with Attenuators?

• Thomann has a new power Attenuator from their Harley Benton line.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/ha…_250_power_attenuator.htm

(125£, 150€, 170$)

I’ve never used an attenuator before, but I maybe this could heal some scars. I’ve got a Marshall jcm2000 tsl 100w head that I never really liked, because I couldn’t turn it up and it sounded very boring. But it was so cheap that I wasn’t ready to change the tubes (a new tube set would cost more than the amp) or sell it… (Instead I bought the Profiler and tried to forget about it 8))

what are your experiences with these devices? Is there a difference that justifies the prices for an Ox box? I don’t need a cab simulation, I just want to crank the amp to see if this changes the sound that much as I hope and still not get deaf.

(And does dummy load mean, I could take an Amp home, hook it up with the Kemper di box and make profiles at home without a cabinet?)

• I can't see the information at the link, I am working and my work computer won't let me see sites out of the US. However, I have a Fryette Power Station 100. I can tell you from the research I did when I bought mine early this year that you want to get a reactive load attenuator. They make the amp act more natural than what a resistive load does.

• I'm using a Bugera PS1 on a Marshall DSL40 and I love how it works. The PS1 has some great reviews and is cheap. I think it can handle 100 watts. You can use it with the amps VPR power reduction also so no worries about plugging and unplugging.

Or you can profile it and set the Kemper volume to anywhere you want. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• before joining the kemper family i had a marshall jvm410h with a Palmer PDI 06 attenuator. Pretty good stuff if you want to attenuate or complete drain the output. It means: no IR loader but pure attenuation for amp in the room with the 4x12 connected too.

I can only refer good. The device is solid and reliable without "deep colouring" the sound for attenuation. Acceptable result.

• I had a THD Hotplate and a Weber Mass, I've also tested my firend's Marshall Powerbrake and the Ultimate Attenuator.

I've never loved them and, unless playing a Non Master Volume model, I've almost preferred to turn down the Master instead of use an attenator.

About ''integrated attenuator'' I like the power scaling and I must say that Mashall did a good job with the ''EPA'' on the AFD100 and the YJM.

One of reason I've bougth Kemper is the oportunity to have a Full Chanked Sound at human accettable Db level... And It's the Best solution I've ever had.

Since one year or so I use the Two Notes Capture 16 (not the X one, the previouse one) To profile even Silently if You need.

It has a even an Attenuated Output (Fixed at -20 Db) than I've never tested to be honest.

It's a good solution for me.. not expensive as the Captor X but it works for my needs.