• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So this is the combination of two things, firstly I found an awesomely 90's profile and just went with it for everything, ok not drums, but apart from that. The other thing was a prescient thread over on GS asking why did punk records sound so awesome despite being technically lacking? And the answer of course is that they're raw and just sound like a band in a room, so I decided I really wanted to get to that sound here even though I am of course just one person in a bedroom, not least because it's been something that's been on my mind for a while that things are just too polished, too little just "here's a tune".

Oh also you can listen in peace, no vocals this time :)

• Nice one Per, funny description again, a "one-man band in a bedroom" 8o

For me a great or maybe even kinda perfect production of music is a nice to have. It's nothing worth without a great song, great songwriting and most of all an energetic and inspired performance. And I have some stuff here that I hear rather often just because of the raw energy in it while the sound of the recordings and the post production is (unfortunately) not on top level...

• Thanks deadman42 ! IMO a real band doesn’t have to be lose or sound bad, it’s just that it has to sound like a real band. Production can take away the human element and then all the risk is gone, it becomes boring.