Per collection thread

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nice track Per again i hear the Britpop influence

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Even my comments have a hard time keeping up with you. But I am not slacking. Had to waste a Saturday looking at new carpet and floors with wife. I pretty much consider your whole thread as a music lesson. My latest mix has the gain way-way down and the bass way-way up. Just trying to figure out an interesting bridge part and it's done. My other two are aggressive with one waiting for my vocals -- ewwwwh!

Break a leg!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

What an interesting arrangement. The drums felt really wrong at first until my ears understood how to connect them with the piano part.

When the vocals came in in it could very well have been a Bowie tune. Really quirky in a good way!

Cheers,

Mats N

• Thanks spottydog10 !

It's a Michael Britt "Fan Pro" not sure what the original amp is, it's from the Rig Exchange. I tweaked it a bit with more treble and maybe brought the reverb mix up a notch or two. It was on there from yesterday when I loaded in, felt very The Who like so I went with it as best I could, I'm not too happy with the result though, there's just a level of mediocrity on the vocal melody lines and songwriting that I just don't seem to be crossing regardless of the issues with the vocal performance itself. A good song needs way more dynamism, hook, bombast... not to be profane, but balls. This is all very... TV show or something.

• Well, as an objective listener I'd say the amount of creativity you're coming across with almost daily is incredible and
    if this was me banging a load of ideas down at that speed and quality I'd be well pleased.

The slight drawback to that is your stuff tends to be fairly short in length and therefore you're maybe not developing the songs to their potential.
    If you structured them to a longer and more traditional timespan, say 3-4 minutes then you could develop the dynamics more and things tend to just
    settle in to their rightful place.

The hardest part of writing is the initial impetus and the next hardest part is arrangement to give cohesion so that the track has a life.
    I reckon your 90% there and just the arrangements need a touch of work. The vocals I have no problem with, guitars and drums sound great.
    Obviously this is just my opinion and I could be talking through me arse but it's sometimes good to get another point of view as we're all guilty of
    running around the musical rabbit hole.

• Nice one Per, really digging the bass and drum sound, nice and fat, great mix too!

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• Thanks spottydog10 !

It's a Michael Britt "Fan Pro" not sure what the original amp is, it's from the Rig Exchange.

Knowing how Michael tends to name his profiles I would think that's a Fender Pro Reverb. But I could be wrong!

Cheers,

Mats N

• Thanks spottydog10 you could be right. Sometimes for sure more length would allow development, but OTOH the tracks I love tend to grab you pretty early on once they hit their groove. I just have to keep plugging away till I figure out how to elevate my game and can improve my critical facility.

Thanks deangersmith that bass is the “hugesvt” model in the rig exchange, came out better on this than I expected, more growly!

Good call, I figured it was probably a Fender, I just don’t know all their many many amps Mats_Nermark !

Found an old profile of my little practice Marshall amp, so fuzzy

Found an old profile of my little practice Marshall amp, so fuzzy

Sometimes fuzzy is just right. :D

Cheers,

Mats N