How to outro “what is and what should never be”?

• I hope the title shows. I play lots of gigs where there is no PA for anything but vocals. All other instruments are heard from the amps on stage. I like that setup as I get to control solo volumes and can use stereo without a sound dude mixing it to mono.

Pre-Kemper I would use 2 half stacks just a couple feet apart and although stereo effects were subtle, they were audible almost anywhere somebody could stand. And I had one other trick…. Since I was using an ABY box already for phase and ground loop management I could also choose which amp or amps we’re making sound.

So when I was playing Led Zeppelin’s “What is and what should never be” at the outro I could switch between the 2 amps back and forth as needed to get that famous ping pong of the guitar.

So how do I do it with a Kemper? I have a stereo power amp that I like. I have FR speakers. I would love to be able to have like 20%L-80%R and switch to 80%L-20%R either with a switch or variable via an expression pedal. I’m POSITIVE the capability is there, but how do I do it? I’m sure there are several ways. Which is easiest? Smoothest? How?

Thank you all in advance.

Mark

• There is a Rig parameter called "Panorama". As the name implies, it pans the Rig across the stereo spectrum.

You could program an 80-20 Rig, and a 20-80 Rig,and switch from one to the other. Or, you may be able to assign a Morph to the Panorama parameter of a rig, if you are not already Morphing something else.

Can the Kemper switch rigs seamlessly or will llag be noticable? Or, cam I adjust the speed of morphing? I could make do with up to 1 second morph time.

• In performance mode changes are seamless

You can definitely assign Panorama to morphing. You can either trigger this with a single button push or sweep freely with an expression pedal.

That's the best answer IMO for the situation. I use 2 separate rigs next to each other for the call/ answer thing because I usually want 2 different tones as well, so it sounds like different players.

• I would think the morph pedal would feel and perform more naturally then clicking buttons, if you can do that option.

Agree - although I usually have a Bogner Shiva channel 2 tone on one side and a clean(ish) Fender tone on the other when I do this, so no morph for me. 😎