Sustain question

• I found that all high gain profiles have the same very long sustain. Not sure about this.
    It's pleasant but it makes sound, on this side, all the amps in the same way.
    Could it be possible to measure the sustain of the amp and modulate the sustain of the profile accordingly?
    That's my question.

• all high gain profiles have the same very long sustain

..... 8| first time in my life that I see a guitar player complaining about this... ?( :D :D :D

Just lower the action of your strings... 8o :thumbup:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Maybe I don't get the point, but the sustain of the profiles are equal to the original amps.
    And they are not the same among the profiles.
    If you want a different sustain, change the Gain.

• There are a lot of profiles that I have dubbed "medium gain" for my own use that have a nice taper-off dynamic. Also, as someone else had mentioned, a lot of the high gain profiles work exceptionally well when you drop the gain a bit. This will give more of a dynamic response for players that do not usually go for an all out distorted tone. Personally I love the high gain profiles. However, I found my self going with some lesser gain rigs when it came time to program all of my live "go to" tones. I don't think your hearing is failing you when you hear what seems to be the same length of sustain. I think the truth to the matter is there is not a large range of difference in response once tube saturation is applied, regardless of the amp make or tubes used. I love all things tube-amp and can definitely hear the different nuances from one make to another but it became clear when profiling multiple amps that the dynamic tonal range produced by guitar amplification is not as large a range as we would like to believe. Please keep the questions and comments coming because it helps us all to gain a better understanding of tone and dynamics. :thumbup:

• When you strum a powerchord strings ring in the same manner.(same for separate strings)
    Texture changes but it rings in the same way.
    Perhaps this feel comes from something else.

• I've installed a special device that gives me infinite sustain... well as long as a 9 volt will last. 8) Who would want less?

There are really two types of sustains you get from amps. One from the natural compression of an overdriven circuit and the other from kinetic energy entering back into your guitar from the speaker moving air. You can get less sustain by turning down your gain and/or keeping the room volume low. Headphones will work best. If your strings are ringing out... well you'll have to learn to mute your strings better.

• When you strum a powerchord strings ring in the same manner.(same for separate strings)
    Texture changes but it rings in the same way.
    Perhaps this feel comes from something else.

Are you talking about the characteristic of the distortion itself here, or about the length of time it takes for the note to die out?

If it's the former then some examples would be useful to help demonstrate what words alone cannot convey.

If it's the latter then how loud are you monitoring things? And just how high have you set the gain on the profiles? Because that sounds like just normal acoustic feedback. The louder your speakers the more acoustic feedback you'll get, the higher the gain then the more compression as well as distortion which can lead to harmonic feedback (the note shifts pitch to a usually higher order harmonic), and if you have really bad pickups then you can get microphonic feedback (squealing with no control over pitch when you bend/touch the strings).