Hi Anyone tried a kemper through a mesa boogie ?

• Hi I know it might be a bad idea but I have a kemper going through a laney lfr 112 and im looking at getting another amp so I can run stereo. I did have to lanely lfr's but they are big and cost around £300 each. I have been looking at other frfr's but I dont like the headrush speakers and the line6 powercab and friedman are around £400-£700 and are still quite big. Ive seen a boogie 5:50 express for £500 and that is about my budget but will it be a bad idea? Cheers and thatnks for any advice thank you :) Oh im mainly playing clean jazz tones :)

• You comment sounds like two separate issues. Do you want second speaker hooked to the main outs in stereo, or a second amp hooked to a ABY switch for stereo amps?

Fender and Vox are better clean amps than a Mesa, IMO. Mesa would be at the far end of the list for Jazz.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Mesa would be at the far end of the list for Jazz.

...well, it depends..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Hi thanks for the comments and advice I have owned a mesa blue angel, F50, subway rocket and a Mark1. I didnt get on with any of them for my archtop but I did try a 5:50 express and loved it so I am going to give it a go. I might just use my kemper for the effects and see what happens if not ill sell the boogie and just use another frfr. Its just a shame that there are no smaller frfr options other than the headrush 108. Cheers and many thanks :)

• The Express 5:50 has on of the best clean channels on any amp I have ever played. For clean jazz stuff I would just use the Boogie on its own and forget the Kemper 😀

If you want the flexibility and variety of sounds available from the Kemper then I would say that any combo valve amp is a poor choice as the valve power amp will colour the profile and the guitar speaker will tend to make all profiles sound quite similar. Some people actually like these limitations though so there is no single right answer.

You really need to be clear on what you want to achieve before making any decision.

• I use my F50 with Kemper into the Return loop. I keep the Cab on with some adjustment of eq etc.

At home and rehearsal, the bass is dialled back but on large stages where the amp is further, more bass is needed.

Victor Annamalay

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
    Gustav Flaubert