Guitar Cabinet to a Powered Kemper

• If you're thinking of buying one remember that every profile will have the same speaker sound. That works for some musicians, but if you do covers or a wide array of sounds you may not have enough variety.

• Hello,

I never plug in a guitar cabinet to my powered Kemper. I am aware that I have to unblock the Cab in the Stack section but what else should I be doing.

Not quite - you need to check the cab monitor soft button to ensure that cab is only switched off for the speaker output and remains on for other outputs.

It depends on what you are doing but:

1) a Guitar cab is not necessarily the best/utopia, its just an option. As mentioned above it adds significant coluration and will make many of your profiles sound similar

2) I assume you are not going to mike it live and still use the main outputs to FOH ( hence my original point)? If so, your on stage sound will be different to the FOH sound as the cabs will not be the same. You may want to experiment alongside a PA ( perhaps at rehearsal)

3) Make sure you use a proper speaker cable, not a guitar cable to handle the load.

• If you're thinking of buying one remember that every profile will have the same speaker sound. That works for some musicians, but if you do covers or a wide array of sounds you may not have enough variety.

Hello Finally,

Can you elaborate you words litle bit more?

Because I have same issue with studio profilers. I bought a few package but all of them moreorless sound similar. I have kemper powerhead connected with unpowered kemper cabinet via speaker output. Which settings are the best for this setup?

• Hello Finally,

Can you elaborate you words litle bit more?

Because I have same issue with studio profilers. I bought a few package but all of them moreorless sound similar. I have kemper powerhead connected with unpowered kemper cabinet via speaker output. Which settings are the best for this setup?

Hi there -

1) Enable the Kemper Kone in the Output section and select a default speaker imprint.

2) For each of your rigs that you want a different speaker to the default, go to the Cab section and select a different imprint

Alternatively you can use the Kemper cabinet in FR mode, so you get the speaker imprint from the original profile. I don't know how to configure it for that as I always use the Kone imprints.

• Alternatively you can use the Kemper cabinet in FR mode, so you get the speaker imprint from the original profile. I don't know how to configure it for that as I always use the Kone imprints.

manual page 96:

The KEMPER Kone is fully controlled by the software of your PROFILER. Please activate its “intelligence”, navigate to the "Kemper Kone" page in the Output Section and press the soft button labeled “Kemper Kone".

You will find three familiar parameters that we have mirrored on the Kemper Kone page for your convenience: Monitor Volume, Monitor Stereo and Monitor Cab Off. When Monitor Cab Off is not highlighted, the Kemper Kone works in full-range mode.