Possible stereo loop before Amp section? (Eventide h9 line level issues).

• I have been rejigging my pedal board setup to go stereo, using the stereo loop post amp in the kemper.

Whilst the strymon pedals are sounding great, the eventide h9 is clipping.

I have learnt that it is designed to take guitar levels, not line levels. A massive oversight for a stereo pedal, and a frustrating change from all their other -factor pedals.

Is there any workaround for this that would make the h9 useable but not impact the strymon pedals?

would there ever be a way to use the stereo loop before the kemper amp setup and still retain stereo effects field?

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks.

• From the Eventide forums:

Make sure the input and output levels are set appropriately (see "Setting Levels" in Eventide UM).

The H9 is designed for a guitar in and will handle about 9V peak to peak, which would be a VERY hot guitar. It is NOT designed to handle a high level line input – this is presumably what you are giving it.

Your first approach would be to contact the amp manufacturer and see if there is any way to get the effects loop down to a reasonable level – you are probably not the first person with this problem.

If this fails, you could try a pad or "volume box", or have a techy friend make one with two resistors. Hopefully one of our users can recommend one.

So maybe a volume pedal as your first coming out of the loop?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited 2 times, last by BayouTexan ().