Rig loading with delay active but set at 0 bpm

• I want my all rigs to load with the delay active and set at 0 bpm, so that I can just hit tap tempo instead of having to do two steps to turn on the delay and then set tempo, . Is this possible? In the Rig menu, the lowest bpm setting is 20.

Anybody know if this is possible?

• If 20 is the lowest it goes, that's it. I can't think of a way to press one button to do what you want. If you were using a MIDI controller, you could probably sort out how to select the rig and then enable the delay right after. With the Remote/Stage.....nothing I can think of.

I rarely use tap tempo. When I do, I just press and let beat scanner sort it out.

I just set the performance for the tempo and either enable/disable effects as needed, or use different slots.

(Also - the beat scanner is the greatest thing since sliced-bread IMHO)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Thanks Ruefus , I know I've read the tap tempo section (page 74) and the parallel path section (page 76) but apparently have overlooked the beat scanner section inbetween, catch tidbits all the time reading the forum, now if I could just remember them🤪

Kemper manual page 75

Beat Scanner

The Beat Scanner is a nice alternative to the TAP button; instead of tapping, just keep the TAP button, or foot switch pressed to activate it. Now, continue playing guitar. The Beat Scanner algorithm listens to the rhythm of your playing and will detect the bpm in a few seconds. You don’t need to play a special beat - any riff should suffice, as long as it is played with a degree of accuracy. Avoid playing prominent triplets or dotted notes, as this might fool the Beat Scanner into selecting a wrong tempo. When the tempo is set to your satisfaction, just release the TAP button or switch, and the tempo will stay constant. You can create any tempo between 80 and 160 bpm. The Beat Scanner is not able to differentiate between half or double tempo. For instance, for a tempo that could be either 70 or 140 bpm, it will always choose 140 bpm.

• That's not a good work around for me, I don't want to stand on the tempo button waiting for the Kemper to come up with it's best guess. All my previous tap tempo digital delays have always been used as I described. I never use set lists, never use song specific pre-configurations in my non modelling rigs.

Hope the guys at Kemper will consider implementing this, seems like it would not be too involved, and is a great real time control option.

• I kind of doubt Kemper will even look twice at this. It's aggravating for you, but from their perspective they see one person in 12 years asking for this.

If you haven't even tried it - you may be surprised at the beat scanner. Press and hold while you play and it sorts it out. TC Electronic has had a similar feature for ages.

Is it 100% every time? Is tap-tempo is dead-on every time?

Also - the workflow for a Kemper or a modeler frequently differs from a 'traditional' set up. If you try to use it just like a traditional setup, eventually you will be frustrated. Because it's not a clone of a traditional setup. Kind of like playing an acoustic guitar with the identical technique for an electric. It'll work.....until it doesn't, and no amount of wanting will change that.

• I must not be explaining this well. Upon loading any rig, if the delay can be set to be active set to 0 ms, 2 foot taps and your done. This can happen any time during a tune, no hands on guitar input required, no need to play an appropriate rhythmic part at an inappropriate time. Or if you don't need it, no taps, but it's always ready for input.

What is the reason to have a delay's minimum delay time limit greater than zero ms?

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don’t know. It’s never been a concern for me, so I’m not much help. Clearly.

• I must not be explaining this well. Upon loading any rig, if the delay can be set to be active set to 0 ms, 2 foot taps and your done. This can happen any time during a tune, no hands on guitar input required, no need to play an appropriate rhythmic part at an inappropriate time. Or if you don't need it, no taps, but it's always ready for input.

What is the reason to have a delay's minimum delay time limit greater than zero ms?

What's the point with a zero ms delay setting ? There's no delay at zero ms ...

The only possible result might be a phase issue ..... :rolleyes:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

The Haas Effect

What's the point with a zero ms delay setting ? There's no delay at zero ms ...

The only possible result might be a phase issue ..... :rolleyes:

Cheers !

yes, at less than 20ms you are well into the range where you can’t hear the delay but you get comb filtering etc.