1/4 inch to lightning for iPhone streaming to instagram

• Hey all,

I want to stream thru instagram using the kemper, I had a trial run thru KPA XLR into my UAD Apollo, into a Mac and stream thru yellow duck and OBS software, very hectic and less than optimal experience and I can't see interactions/comments and so on.

I found an XLR to Lightning cable but pretty expensive, but there are TRS and mono 1/4 inch ones that I found that are pretty cheap, will these work thru the 1/4 inch outputs into my iPhone?

https://www.amazon.com/Certifi…d=1673373869&sr=8-10&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Lightni…id=1673373869&sr=8-7&th=1

as you can see one is dual TRS and one is dual mono, I couldn't care for steroids much I can try and fins a single mono as well, I just want the temper sound going into the stream, and want to use my phone only with the kemper, keep it simple and see the viewers and comments.

Or would ut work if I use a simple 3.5mm TRRS female to lighting, with an adapter from 1/4 inch to 3.5mm, and a regular cable going out of the kemper?

Does anyone have know if this could work? and what is better the dual TRS or the dual mono setup .

Thanks

• RTM (read the manual).

MAIN OUTPUT (1)

These are your main stereo outputs. Use these outputs to connect to a mixing desk in a recording studio, or to the front-of-house mixer in a live situation. These outputs deliver the entire Rig: amp, cabinet, and all effects. You have a choice of XLR (balanced) or quarter-inch TS-jacks (unbalanced). The XLR outputs are protected against 48V phantom power fed by a mixing desk. However, you should avoid feeding phantom power into the PROFILER if you want the best audio quality. Like all inputs and outputs, it offers a ground lift to prevent a loop hum.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• RTM (read the manual).

MAIN OUTPUT (1)

These are your main stereo outputs. Use these outputs to connect to a mixing desk in a recording studio, or to the front-of-house mixer in a live situation. These outputs deliver the entire Rig: amp, cabinet, and all effects. You have a choice of XLR (balanced) or quarter-inch TS-jacks (unbalanced). The XLR outputs are protected against 48V phantom power fed by a mixing desk. However, you should avoid feeding phantom power into the PROFILER if you want the best audio quality. Like all inputs and outputs, it offers a ground lift to prevent a loop hum.

thanks, but I am asking specifically for the iPhone using the cables I mentioned, my concern is how the iPhone receives the signal, I can not find a mono 1/4 inch to lightning, these are the ones I found.

• I don't own an IPhone but it's real easy to do with an Android. Simply select the "video" button and record with the phone's mic and stream to IG all you want. You-tubers do it all the time. And you don't have to worry about blowing up the phone.

• Forget finding a lightning to 1/4". I doubt you ever will.

Take the standard lightning to 1/8" and use an adapter. To get stereo, you'll need both Main outs (which are TS) connected to a Y-adaptor into one TRS. Something like this:

Amazon.com: Poyiccot 1/4 Mono to 3.5mm Stereo Adapter, 3.5mm to 1/4 Adapter Cable, 1/8 to 1/4 Splitter Cable, 3.5mm 1/8 TRS Female to Dual 6.35mm 1/4 TS Male Stereo to Mono Y Splitter Cable, 20cm/8inch : Electronics

Then this to adapt to the 1/8":

https://www.amazon.com/Stereo-…ter&qid=1673381367&sr=8-4

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Could you just use the headphone output with a simple 1/8" to 1/4" headphone adapter? I just bought a Lightning to 1/8" headphone cable, and it does work for me that way. Since the headphone output has it's own level setting, I was able to adjust how much signal came out. Was great, and easy with one cable. Did you want mono though?

• Iphones do not have a mini jack because Apple don't know what they are doing. He would need the 1/4" headphone to Iphone plug thingy, and then set Kemper Main Outs to Mono.

• Could you just use the headphone output with a simple 1/8" to 1/4" headphone adapter? I just bought a Lightning to 1/8" headphone cable, and it does work for me that way. Since the headphone output has it's own level setting, I was able to adjust how much signal came out. Was great, and easy with one cable. Did you want mono though?

Thanks! yes I think that sounds reasonable, i have the 1/4 to 1/8 mm adapter, but I do not know if it is TRRS or not, so I don't know if the 1/8 to lightning connecter will use this as a mic input or simply as a headphones output, yeah mono is fine for me. whichever, I just want the direct kemper sound into the phone directly.

I'll give it a try. thanks

Edited once, last by Majmunx ().

• THanks , I forgot to mention this is the no-audio jack iPhone, I have an older iPhone with an audio jack, where I tried this with an adapter, like you posted, but this did not work as it needs a TRRS, with three black rings, one for the mic, I wanted to buy a 1/8" to lightning, and do as you said but my problem is that I don't know how the newer iPhone will translate the signal coming in from an adapter with no TRRS.