No sound! I've updated the OS, restored factory settings, reset to global initial settings...not sure what else to try!

• Hi there everyone,

I have a second-hand Kemper stage...that fails to produce any sound. I've updated the OS, restored factory settings, reset to initial globals...still nothing coming out. I've also checked that the input is correctly selected, that the volume is up, et cetera. The tuner isn't getting anything, either.

Any other tips and tricks, or is this thing maybe fried?

Thanks for any help and advice!

• Thanks for the input!

The guitar is indeed sending signal. I don't have a noise gate on, I've also tried using the return as an input (and switching the settings in "input") and that didn't work, either. I'm wondering if it's an issue with conversion to digital, maybe? It would explain why neither input works....

In terms of output, I was using headphones...I made sure the volume was up!

• Headphone phone plugs are known to short out. Usually, you will hear one side go out when it happens. Try another pair of headphones.

Check if you have a Expression Pedal hooked up and set for Volume. Unplug it.

Make sure Master Volume is not at "- infinity". Also make sure Main Volume is not set to "-infinity" and the same for Headphone Volume. See Output Settings Page 2.

Set Main Output to either Master Stereo or Master Mono. See Output Settings Page 1.

Make sure guitar is plugged into Input 1.

Download and read the manual.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

Check out these video tutorials.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/video#a-videos-tutorials#a-videos-tutorials

The obvious question would be: Was is working before you bought it and when you got it home on day one?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks for the reply!

Headphones work...I do hear some pops as the unit is starting up/shutting down, so I think the connection is also fine. No expression pedal. All volume settings are good.

I even tried bypassing the digital section by setting the output to Git Analog: "The pure, clean instrument signal is sent to the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND 1 by an analog splitter, no AD/DA conversion is taking place. The analog signal level is the same as on the instrument input." Seems like the most direct route possible...

Still nothing.

The pins on the 1/4" jack look fine, and it doesn't crackle if you jiggle it. I had a quick look inside the unit, and there's nothing obviously fucky. Not sure if it's a broken trace or a blown component, but I'll be looking into sending it in for repairs.

To answer your final question, the guy I got it from was honest with me...said that there was "something wrong with the input" and that he'd had a guitar tech look at it with no success. He also sold it at a fair price given the issue.

So all that said, any recommendations on the best repair shop in the US?

• Before you send from repair, just clarify a couple of things because it's not clear from what you have said:

1) Is there guitar signal "getting in" - you can check this to see if the signal light flashes and tuner works...if these work, highly unlikely its the input jack and more likely a setting/software.

2) Alternate input can be used to check if its the socket. Again if not working , unlikely to be the input.

I would definitely raise a support ticket and go through support as it sounds more likely to be a setting than fault but they will run a a diagnostic process with you..