After the new update, everything is bassier and the SPDIF signal distorts!

• How about the low and high pass filters on the s/pdif? I have specific output settings for this so I want them to be the same as the main outputs, unless I don't, which then could easily be set to zero. Otherwise I would have to make another profile or use an eq plugin. Then it wouldn't be the same, just an approximation. I would like the option to have no change in sound and level (and be able to control it) between my main outputs, and S/PDIF. (other than not having the conversion) The output section in general is pretty bad. I go back and forth from home practice/recording/rehearsal/gig , as a lot of us do. Separate output settings in their Entirety should be able to be saved, so we can just hit one button and not have to change levels or wonder why something isn't right.

• Definitely 👍

Oh it's time to reaffirm this? Absolutely agree :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Can you explain, why you need an output eq while using an S/PDIF interface?

Are you using a DAW? If your receiving device has an sound issue, why can't you solve it there?

Pretty late to this thread but just now I've noticed this change because my sounds were sounding weird and harsh. I just noticed that somewhere along the updates you removed the main output equalisers, LPF and HPFf rom the S/PDIF outputs. How is this supposed to be a good idea?

It's a contradiction in itself, because if I set the S/PDIF output set to 'Master Stereo' I expect it to be exactly the same as if I connect the two 'Master Stereo' analog XLR cables to my audio interface. The reason I use an S/PDIF cable is to avoid taking two of my XLR inputs on my audio interface just for the Profiler. Why would I want that if I have a digital output that, as bonus, avoids an extra D/A and A/D conversion?

If I'm testing rigs for live playing I want the S/PDIF to sound exactly the same as the main outputs that I give to FOH, otherwise I'm getting fooled by the Profiler - the connection I used for testing my sounds is "lying" to me.

Please, provide an option to make this optional - it doesn't make any sense and it's a risky option to implement after so many years because it can (and did) change people's carefully constructed rig sets for actual live playing.

Edited once, last by OFSnap ().

• If I'm testing rigs for live playing I want the S/PDIF to sound exactly the same as the main outputs that I give to FOH, otherwise I'm getting fooled by the Profiler

What are are monitoring the SP/Dif through? If the FOH is using speakers in a room through a board, crossovers,poweramps etc the two signals may be exactly the same but won't sound the same regardless. Everything will change when it goes FOH unless in some amazing feat (without a spectral analyzer) you made it perfectly flat which sounds terrible. FOH is "Amp in the room" which will sound different than IEMs or your monitor onstage pointed at you using the same signal anyway. Being able to adjust them separately, would allow you to better "make them the same" I would think.

There are lots of inexpensive devices that convert digital to analog and analog digital maybe one of the other band members could do that to a channel free up some space for you as a solution until you get a bigger system.

• What are are monitoring the SP/Dif through? If the FOH is using speakers in a room through a board, crossovers,poweramps etc the two signals may be exactly the same but won't sound the same regardless. Everything will change when it goes FOH unless in some amazing feat (without a spectral analyzer) you made it perfectly flat which sounds terrible. FOH is "Amp in the room" which will sound different than IEMs or your monitor onstage pointed at you using the same signal anyway. Being able to adjust them separately, would allow you to better "make them the same" I would think.

There are lots of inexpensive devices that convert digital to analog and analog digital maybe one of the other band members could do that to a channel free up some space for you as a solution until you get a bigger system.

Hello Dynochrome. I'm monitoring through S/PDIF through my Apollo x8p. This saves me two analog inputs on the interface, which is a good reason for the Apollo having a S/PDIF IO system.

About what you said regarding FOH, monitoring my Profiler through the Apollo (whether through S/PDIF r analog outputs) is my only way to minimally "predict" what the live sound will turn out to be. As you said, in a live situation the sound can change due to everything that's happening after the Profiler, but that will always be true and it will always be beyond my control.

My criticism has to do with the fact that, if the S/PDIF output doesn't sound the same (minus conversion which is irrelevant) as the analog outputs, then don't state on the Rig Manager Output section that the S/PDIF output is picking up sound from the 'Master Stereo' because it isn't true - it will sound different.

To make matters worse, the S/PDIF output used to include the Master Stereo output EQ's and filters up until a version of the OS (8.7.14 I think) that came out earlier this year. Changing this behaviour "breaks compatibility" with my old rigs because I was using the Master Stereo output EQ's and filters when I was tweaking the sounds. I find their choice wrong- it's unexpected and kind of hard to pinpoint the reason for the sound changing if you happen to miss it in the release notes. That's why there's complaints from various users. An OS update should never change the sounds IMO.

I'd prefer a checkbox on the Output section of Rig Manager that would allow to optionally include the Master Stereo EQ and filters, the way it was before. I think they did this to not create a potentially unwanted EQ point when re-amping, but I don't agree with the forced removal, they should have let it in as an option.

• Am I understanding this correctly? I send the Master out to our PA, Monitor out to my cab and the S/PDIF out to my Scarlett 18i20. When I turn the EQ knobs on the front of my Kemper, I'm expecting the changes to be reflected in what's going to the S/PDIF out, because that's how I'm dialing in the tone I want (in all outputs). Especially when turning EQ knobs for Liquid Profiles.

Is the S/PDIF out now (after a certain OS version) not getting my EQ changes? That would be bad :-0

Thanks!

• When I turn the EQ knobs on the front of my Kemper, I'm expecting the changes to be reflected in what's going to the S/PDIF out, because that's how I'm dialing in the tone I want (in all outputs). Especially when turning EQ knobs for Liquid Profiles.

What you're referring to is changing the EQ settings at the Amplifier section level. That is absolutely reflected in the SPDIF out, as well as any other output (unless it's set to DI in the Output settings). Nothing to be concerned about.

The comment above was talking about Master EQ settings in the Output section, which were removed in an earlier OS.