I made an active pickup

• Here's the mess'o'wires prototype vs. a "known manufacturer" :D

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thoughts? The preamp is attached to a handwound 9.9k DC res. alnico 5 humbucker.

• Different pickup, same preamp. The previous one had way too much low end.

Made a completely new pickup so I can adjust the height better. The one I used previously had a base with long legs.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

6000 winds of 44 AWG wire, 13.4k DC resistance. Ceramic magnet, hex screw pole pieces.

• Made another new pickup, everything else the same as the previous one but 42AWG wire, 6.4k DC. Maybe not so surprisingly this one has a tighter low end and less low mids.

The 44AWG 13.4kDC pickup has more lows and low mids.

• One more for the road. Same pickup as previously, just swapped the magnet for alnico 5. Ceramic has more 100Hz, and the mid peaks are slightly lower than on the A5.