Favourite strings

• I've used Fender 150 pure nickels for over 30 years. They're great as they don't really dull because they are pure nickel and they also don't have that initial overly bright period either.

I used the 9-40 (early Van Halen) set until they ended production a few years ago. These days I flip between 9-42 and 10 - 46 depending on what I'm playing.

• Bulk sets from juststrings.com

Works out to less than $3.50 per set…..custom gauged if you want….and I can’t tell the difference between them or a set of EB Slinkys.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Works out to less than $3.50 per set…..custom gauged if you want….and I can’t tell the difference between them or a set of EB Slinkys.

Not the fist time you suggest this right?

I have to try it next time I need to odrer strings.

• Not the fist time you suggest this right?

I have to try it next time I need to odrer strings.

Nope. It’s become my standard answer.

Some may prefer something else….but at basically half the cost of Ernie Ball?

$3.50?:huh: Here a set string costs about $9 and 10 pack set, just checked and the price for them has gone up at least $20. :rolleyes: So a 10 set daddario 10-46 now is $70.20:pinch:

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• $3.50?:huh: Here a set string costs about $9 and 10 pack set, just checked and the price for them has gone up at least $20. :rolleyes: So a 10 set daddario 10-46 now is $70.20:pinch:

This is what I'm saying. :)

I had the all-in cost slightly off. With tax and shipping included, it works out to $3.68 per set. All in....to my door. 12 sets (and you pick the gauges if you're into that).

I asked and was told these strings are made in the United States by a major manufacturer and are top-quality. After 5+ years of using them, I completely agree.

Below is what my cart looks like before tax and shipping, which adds about $9.00/us:

• Thanks for the tip Ruefus .

I like both GHS snd Elixir, but I like to fashion a custom set (9-11-16-26-36-46), so I buy individual strings in bulk. I buy Rogue or CB Gitty strings right now. They serve me well, but I will be checking out juststrings.com also.

Edited once, last by RVA213 ().

• Regular Slinkys 10-46 on my main squeezes (Teles) but i run 11’s on my shorter scale guitars, also run EB’s on my bass, whatever gauge they are. I probably keep should try something else, only others ive ever tried are Dadorrios and not a fan.

• I have been an Elixir user for decades. They are economical - I maybe change strings annually - and they feel nice under my fingers. Every time I try another brand, I come back to Elixir.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• This may be somewhat unrelated, but does anyone here recycle strings? I know D'addario have a string recycling program but it's only available in limited countries. Seeing as though I burn through a lot of strings, would be good to see more recycling programs for strings