Sennheiser XSD - XLR - for use to connect KPA to a PA

• I've been using the Sennheiser XSD guitar wireless for sometime now ( I guess about 18 months) and its been pretty good and solid.

Just joined a new band and they have their won PA but I have to take my own vocal mike and XLRS....

As I hate wires, I noticed another band member using the Boss WL-30XLR wireless, which basically turns a wired mic into a wireless one...so I borrowed it to use on the Kemper main out to the PA....and it worked flawlessly.

So I've now purchased the Sennheiser version and tried it last night at rehearsal and boom....dead easy and sounded indistinguishable from a cable.

Is anyone else using wireless XLR to PA and any issues? The only problem I can see is a dependency on battery life and not really seeing any latency or signal impact. I kinda wish I'd gone for the Boss as they are AA batteries so if there is a failure I can change them mid gig - I have a few sets of AA rechargeable LI-ion's which are way better than regular rechargeables so I could have used those...

Thoughts?

• Maybe get contact with Sennheiser support or the distributor, if your use case with the Kemper works with your Sennheiser product.

The boss xlr 30 is for mic line out. I think your xlr line out of the kemper is hotter than a mic output signal.

So I think your plan will not work.

• I just checked this out on my Stage.

Sennheiser XSW-D XLR Base set (two, to try it out in stereo).

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/xsw-d-xlr-base-set

I ran two of them to my PA. Everything sounded fine. It worked with and without the Stage Main Output Level set to -12 dB. No unwanted distortion.

I don't normally do this because I have a snake with the power cable and a balanced cable for the line out. But since V8guitar asked, I thought I'd check it out.

Just for fun, I ran the wireless units to a pair of Bose S1 Pro units (battery-powered).

Here's a link to another thread where I've documented the gear on the left side of the picture.

Sennheiser Wireless EW-D and EW-DP with Kemper Stage

• I thought you had an issue 😅 didn't read your post before enough

Shame on me

Don't be daft....

Funnily enough I just hadn't thought about line level vs mic level, ( stupid I know) so I checked and yes it says it must be mic level, so I got worried.

Thankfully ST has tested as well with no issues, so I'll keep testing and report back..