Last update 3.4.32. Stage not usable. Patches do not change anymore.

• Hi everybody!

I recently happily updated to the Profiler newest version (now "running" Rig Manager 3.4.32 and Profiler OS 9.0.5.45603) on my Windows 10. As I expected, the profiler audio device appeared in the Windows devices, but I did not managed to use it in Cakewalk with Asio4All. After a while I just decided to keep working as always (going through line to my Motu AudioExpress), as I am recording a new song and, right now, what I really need is working hard on it. What is the problem? I explain:

I am not able to use my Stage anymore, since I cannot load my patches from the Local Library (where I have all my stuff) in Rig Manager. I click in any Rig in my collection, and this take no effect on my Stage, in fact, it get locked and I cannot change ANY parameter o even turn it off!.

I have tried disabling the Profiler audio device from the Windows list, but this does not change anything.

Big trouble here. Any of you are experiencing this random thing on your Stage since the last update??

Thank you guys!

Tony

• Have you installed all Windows 10 updates? Someone on another thread had problems with older Windows 10.

If so, have you tried changing USB cables? Cables that previously worked may not handle the new workload.

• Thank you for the replies. I have my Windows updated, and my cable has been working with zero issues all the time, but anyway, I will take that into account from now on.

I've been having the same issue. I'm in touch with support but no solution yet. I reverted to 8.7.20 for the time being and all works as expected.

Wow! Ok, please, if they give you some kind of solution would be very awesome sharing it here! I will downgrade too (I'm not so sure how to do that yet). If I don't manage to "repair" this by downgrading, I will also contact the support... Thank you!

• Other than Head and Rack models, Stages switch to high speed USB with OS 9.0 to enable four audio channels in plus four channels out. Potentially, your USB cable or hub are sufficient for USB low speed but not for high speed. That the cable used to work with OS 8.7 is no proof, that it is also reliable for OS 9.0.

• Hi guys! Thank you all for the responses. Everything was solved! Incredible what was happening:

Interested in a follow-up on this as I am having the same issues.

METALHAWK  hallyconn

Please get in touch with support through the contact form on our website. We'll run some tests with you.

1. After reading hallyconn was having the same issue I sent a message to Support. They answered about how to downgrade and also about considering that maybe the cables were not capable enough for the new updates (which is quite strange to me, since Kemper uses just a USB type B 2.0, and then I send it to a USB 3 in my computer).

2. Due to that advise, I tried swapping the cables between my interface and the Kemper, since both use the type B connector. To my SURPRISE, the thing CHANGED but NOT solved: Suddenly the freezing was not hapening anymore, but the Kemper took about 5-10 seconds to change the patches (in my local library).

3. After realizing that cables matter more than I believed, I ordered a classic Amazon UGREEN USB Type B 2.0 golden style which costs about 10 €. This cable DID NOT solve anything, in fact, it behaved with the very same total freezing stuff....

4. The stupid solution takes place now....

I CONNECTED THE KEMPER TO A 2.0 USB IN MY PC.... AND THAT WAS ENOUGH!

So, if you guys are connecting your Kemper to a USB 3.0 just remember that Kemper does not use 3.0 protocol, and MAYBE you can take the best results by connecting it to a USB 2.X port.

I hope this is helpful to you!!

Metalhawk.

• I got the same problem here. I'm using a Macbook M1. If I enable input/output audio from/to the profiler and try to change profiles using the Rig Manager it takes a while to work or not work at all after a few minutes. I'm using a very good USB to USB-C cable direct to MacBook port. Using a apple USB dongle (USB 2.0) with a crappy printer USB cable seems to be better.

• The USB 3.0 port is compatible with USB 2.0 cables. You just won't get the speeds of the 3.0 through it. I had a USB cable hooked up to a printer for 7 years. Then the printer would go offline. It was the USB cable that went bad even though it ran behind the desk and no one ever touched it. So now I know they can go bad just sitting there.

Glad you are up and rockin.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• So, if you guys are connecting your Kemper to a USB 3.0 just remember that Kemper does not use 3.0 protocol, and MAYBE you can take the best results by connecting it to a USB 2.X port.

There is no USB3 protocol in the sense that you have to use it to connect to a USB3 port. The entire discussion has more to do with how your USB is set up.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• THIS!

this helped to solve it! Plugged into another USB port and everything worked like it used to before the update. Thanks !