Is Liquid Mic-ing the next thing?

• A bit of tongue-in-cheek, but after getting caught up on all the LP videos, it leaves me to wonder. We can kind of already do mic placement with some IR and Cab plugins in DAW, but would it make sense for Liquid to go the full spectrum? We could have different popular mic models and also select 1 of 4 mic locations. I wonder if Kemper is thinking about this. I figure after LP and LM they might just retire, or maybe do Liquid Technique so I can select the EVH model when I play? :) Thoughts?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Using 3rd party IR's (e.g. Celestion/Ownhammer etc), where each cab usually comes with a whole range of mics and mic placements, already allows you to do this. Unlikely a modeled mic/mic position (which is presumably what you mean by "liquid mic-ing") is going to sound as good. e.g. Axe FX relies on cab IR's (the same type you can load into a Kemper), even tho everything else is modeled.

• TwoNotes already call I'd DynIR. It would be great to include their technology into the kemper.

I usually get profiles with Wall of Sound in the chain (plus the DA profile) FOR ME it works.

This topic reminds me a plugin I've used sometimes on acoustic gtr recordings to get slightly different flavours ...( no I don't have the mic itself, I've just tried thire plugin a couple of times)

Oh.. it Looks like it is part of Universal Audio now

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 80-85% of the sound is the the cab and mic. Guitar and pickups matter less than guitarists believe.

I would be great to have same technology than Two Notes products.

For me, cab and mic have more impact on the sound than the amp itself.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• 80-85% of the sound is the the cab and mic. Guitar and pickups matter less than guitarists believe.

I wouldn't go that high. I'd say that pick attack and fingering is probably half your tone, But I agree that pickups are not as important as many say they are. I caught on to this early on after getting a good assortment of guitars and pup arrangements. If I played the same profile with each of them I think I would be the only one to notice the subtle differences, and in a mix it's even less so.

I would like having the option to tweak the Kemper imprints though.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.