New question about MBRITT profile and the vague amp names

• Hey this a truly newb question even in the sense about the amps themselves. I really struggle to understand what amp is what with the mbritt stuff (which sounds stellar btw). I get the mars and AC abut most of the other stuff is lost on me. I know he has to hide the real name a little on his store but is there a doc a bit like that helpful one for the artist rigs Kemper did to better understand what amps are in the packs without having to do some detective sleuth work? I have the 2020 pack but want to get some more because I like it but can’t decide because I basically can’t work out most of the amps names and what they are really profiles of.

Again I get for many this will be super obvious I’m sure so sorry to fill up the forum with such a dumb question.

Anyway any help welcome

thanks

• So they don't use the actual name to avoid copy write issues. That said, Micheal is active on this forum and many of us know his amps, so just ask what they are. He has a lot of boutique amps, so there may be many that seem odd. He plays a lot of 3rd Power as well.

Also, if you search this forum for that amp name, most are outlined here.

• These are the amps in the 2020 pack!

13 LDW - Divided By 13 LDW

3P Am Dream - 3rd Power American Dream

3P Brit Dream - 3rd Power Brit Dream

57 Deluxe - Fender 57 Deluxe

63 VibroV RI - Fender 63 VibroV RI

67 Pro Reverb - Fender 67 Pro Reverb

68 Mars Plexi 50w - Marshall 68 Mars Plexi 50w

72 Mars 50w - 72 Marshall 50w

Boggy Metro - Bogner Metropolis

CA OD100 - Custom Audio OD100

CA Tripper - Custom Audio Tripper

Mars 800R - Marshall 800R

Match Club Man - Matchless Clubman

T Hat Royalty - TopHat Amps Club Royale

Too Rocky CRS - Two Rock CRS

Wrekt DLM - Trainwreck Dirty Little Monster

• Thanks for the help!

And yeah the additional info is tricky unless you know the real amp first. Totally get it from the copyright standpoint so really it isn’t a complaint if Michael’s work.
    Thanks for the 2020 list wpotere helpful. Some of those amps I’d never heard of. While I can now see 3P Brit dream is obvious if you know there’s an amp that exists called 3rd power brit dream but for an idiot like me I never heard of that amp until now.

Extra thanks for taking time from your day to write those out btw. Thank you.

• Don't call yourself an idiot nedavine. Nobody knows everything. And let's be honest, some of the amps which Michael profiled so well there are quite high priced and sometimes rare boutique amps. Not mass production at all. I didn't know many of them as well before I came across them in such profile packs. And the Kemper allows me to play a pretty good representation of such amps which I will never get into my hands physically (mostly becaused I missed to get rich in time 8o).

And by the way in some of the other packs from Michael he includes pretty good descriptions (and clear names) of the "real amps", e.g. in the Crank & Go pack (which is an absolute killer if you're into heavier music) :thumbup:8)

• Profilers seems to be walking on eggshells a lot and are quite afraid to mention the name of companies... not sure it's even justified as I've yet to hear of one lawsuit that stemmed from this (but I might be wrong). It gets in the "wtf" territory quick (ie. from Guidorist: Vendra, Love 69, Sun - ??) The names alone are offputting. Then you have to change the name in the Kemper settings as those names that make no sense like Fuelz or CustOdian+ (Diezel, Custom Audio) usually appear on the patches themselves and in the details. A reference sheet is handy and all, but I kind of resent how dumb and borderline dystopian it feels to browse, navigate and get used to recognize profiles under weird made-up names and being unable or afraid to call an apple an apple for fear of being sued. Anyway, sorry for the rant, might just be in a bad mood. :rolleyes: