Setup for live gigging.

• Hey all,

I've been gigging the same venue with the Kemper for the past 3 years and love it. I usually run directly to the mixer since it's literally right next to me.

I have an upcoming festival where I'll more than likely need to run through a DI on stage. Anything I should be considering when doing this? Any potential issues or danger of damaging anything? I have the unpowered toaster with IEMS, so no cabs.

Thanks,

-Jagg.

~ Marc.

• I play quite a few festivals...

Ignore any DI box.

At most festivals they have cabs on stage mic'ed up. I just unplug the mic and plug the XLR straight into the KPA. The sound engineer will sort that anyway as most are very used to direct solutions ( Helix, Kemper etc.).

The principles are the same as for your mixer, so plug and play!

The only comment I would say is sound checks are very limited at festivals so think about your IEM's and balancing with on stage monitors. Most turnaround are circa 15 mins.... I always run a cab on stage but I have the powerrack for that reason so you just need to make sure you are happy with the sound balance, especially as you will have refined this over 3 years at the current venue. Therefore just be prepared to set your levels quickly ( so thats a point for the rest of the band, not just you).

Hope that helps...

• IEMs won't be an issue. The soundman uses Presonus so we can use the QMix app for our own mixes.

~ Marc.

• IEMs won't be an issue. The soundman uses Presonus so we can use the QMix app for our own mixes.

The best solution! We ran a soundcraft with the same ability to control our own mixes, I was just flagging you may not have much time to refine it as IEM's can be quite unforgiving..