Profile Sounds Different while Tracking with USB

• Hi everyone,

I'm excited to share that I recently got the Kemper Stage, and I'm really happy with it so far. However, I did encounter some issues with the audio from Cubase, which was breaking up and sounding terrible. Thankfully, I upgraded to the new beta version, and that problem seems to be resolved.

Now, I'm facing a new challenge. While tracking, the profile sounds harsh and brittle, which is not what I was hoping for. Surprisingly, when I play back the recorded guitar track, it sounds just fine.

It's a bit puzzling, and I'm not sure what's causing this discrepancy in sound quality.

If anyone has any suggestions or has experienced a similar issue, I'd greatly appreciate your insights and advice. Let's discuss and troubleshoot together!

Thanks

John

2 x Folreden Relic Strats - Folreden Les Paul - Kemper Stage - Cubase Pro13 - Suhr Classic S

• How are you monitoring while recording?

Try using Kemper headphone jack for monitoring playing and DAW playback.

Should sound exactly the same, unless you have fx going in the DAW.

• Hi

Thanks so much.

I'm monitoring through my Adam Audio Monitors. Direct monitoring on in the Kemper. Still the same through Headphones. No FX on the DAW channel.

2 x Folreden Relic Strats - Folreden Les Paul - Kemper Stage - Cubase Pro13 - Suhr Classic S

• Are you using a DI profile with IRs in the DAW? If not, then something else you can try is to link all volumes to the same DB and then test for sound consistency.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I'm pretty sure what's happening is that the PROFILER's signal is being re-routed, causing a comb-filtering effect due to the few ms latency of the round trip in the DAW

I have Direct Monitoring Turned On in the Kemper. Is this latency free?

• are you using software monitoring in Cubase? This would explain the difference because during tracking you are hearing the signal twice. Once from the direct monitoring and once fromt he software monitoring like Don already mentioned.

• are you using software monitoring in Cubase? This would explain the difference because during tracking you are hearing the signal twice. Once from the direct monitoring and once fromt he software monitoring like Don already mentioned.

Software Monitoring in Cubase is turned off (grayed out) no option to turn on.