RJ45 socket on my Kemper Rack is damaged

• Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, the RJ45 socket on my Kemper Rack is damaged. During our last gig, a "technician" tried to quickly remove our equipment from the stage and just pulled on all the cables...

As a result, the thin plastic parts meant to hold the plug in the socket have broken, and now my remote constantly loses connection. The Kemper Support (truly top-notch, big kudos!) suggested that I simply order the necessary replacement part myself and solder the socket onto the motherboard. The repair at Kemper costs around €200, so the idea of a DIY repair is certainly very tempting.

Hence my question, has anyone of you possibly already gained experience with this?

Best regards, Luke

• there are some gut shots in this video to get you started

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I had the same issue but didn't attempt it myself, I got a PC/amp tech to do it.

They told me it wasn't that straight forward so don't tackle it unless you feel really confident as its direct mounted on the board and I think he said it requires removal of the board ( and other stuff to get to it)..

But it was successful...

To avoid the issue going forward, insert a PoE and a rack panel. I also changed the rack panel and cable for Ethercon so its rock solid.

• there are some gut shots in this video to get you started

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Very cool, thank you!

• During our last gig, a "technician" tried to quickly remove our equipment from the stage and just pulled on all the cables...

As you are no doubt aware....that's not a technician......that's a ham-fisted moron working for beer money. Or they're union.....which is worse in my experience.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• In the area I live, I can't find anyone willing to do stuff like this...