Profile of JC-120 with chorus on?

• I did search the threads and couldn’t find anything referenced here. Does anyone know of, or have, a good profile of a JC-120 with the chorus on? I realize that profiles are I guess mono and a true JC-120 with the chorus is very definitely in stereo so maybe that’s just not possible.

The reason being, I find the chorus options inside the Kemper just not really capturing the real tone of a CE-1 (or a JC-120). They’re OK, but I have a CE-1 clone and it sounds just a million times more lush and awesome than the internal choruses. Wondering if anyone had profiled a JC-120 with the chorus and what that might sound like? :)

• I did search the threads and couldn’t find anything referenced here. Does anyone know of, or have, a good profile of a JC-120 with the chorus on? I realize that profiles are I guess mono and a true JC-120 with the chorus is very definitely in stereo so maybe that’s just not possible.

The reason being, I find the chorus options inside the Kemper just not really capturing the real tone of a CE-1 (or a JC-120). They’re OK, but I have a CE-1 clone and it sounds just a million times more lush and awesome than the internal choruses. Wondering if anyone had profiled a JC-120 with the chorus and what that might sound like? :)

Unfortunately not possible to profile modulation effects at this time. Only solution is better choruses introduced. I will be happy when that day comes.

In the meanwhile, I recommend adding both a chorus and a micropitch in series (I put mine before and after the amp respectively) really helps fatten it up.

• Thanks for that - yeah I’ll play with that (Chorus + micropitch). Generally I’ve found these kinds of workarounds in the past when I’ve found certain internal FX to be just lacking a bit.

• The modulation effects are yet to be updated like the others.

One would think they were on the roadmap for an overhaul eventually, fingers x.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Just try it it in stereo and there you go. Pretty much nails it.

Stereo being the operative word. A single speaker or multiple in mono will never sound quite right in this case.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Thanks for all the suggestions. I did try those and they definitely got closer - and, yes I have a Gemini 2 in stereo (or I'm listening through studio monitors so either way running in stereo).

However, the real solution turned out to be a little different. I had a chance yesterday to really mess around with pedals in the effects loops and A/B to the internal sounds, which I've done before but it was nice to dig in again. The key differentiator (for me) was that nothing gets close to the JangleBox JBX compressor. The internal compressor does a very good job of sounding pretty bang on for my MXR dyna-comp but the JBX is a whole different animal. Using that compressor in a loop at the front of the chain just changes everything about the sound, and with that engaged the internal chorus was actually BETTER than my wazacraft CE-2, and the CE-1 clone. So, happy camper. In all honesty, out of all the pedals I tried, the only things I ended up using in external loops were the JBX and my actual space echo. Everything the internal FX versions either sounded better or utterly indistinguishable. Even the space echo I can pretty much simulate any given setting, it's just so much fun to dial that in by hand and mess with it, although live I certainly wouldn't use it. The JBX I probably would bring out live though - such a complete game changer.

• Thanks for all the suggestions. I did try those and they definitely got closer - and, yes I have a Gemini 2 in stereo (or I'm listening through studio monitors so either way running in stereo).

However, the real solution turned out to be a little different. I had a chance yesterday to really mess around with pedals in the effects loops and A/B to the internal sounds, which I've done before but it was nice to dig in again. The key differentiator (for me) was that nothing gets close to the JangleBox JBX compressor. The internal compressor does a very good job of sounding pretty bang on for my MXR dyna-comp but the JBX is a whole different animal. Using that compressor in a loop at the front of the chain just changes everything about the sound, and with that engaged the internal chorus was actually BETTER than my wazacraft CE-2, and the CE-1 clone. So, happy camper. In all honesty, out of all the pedals I tried, the only things I ended up using in external loops were the JBX and my actual space echo. Everything the internal FX versions either sounded better or utterly indistinguishable. Even the space echo I can pretty much simulate any given setting, it's just so much fun to dial that in by hand and mess with it, although live I certainly wouldn't use it. The JBX I probably would bring out live though - such a complete game changer.

I agree about the compressor. The Kemper compressor is based on the MXR/Ross style pedals but I hate my DynaComp. I have an Origin Cali76 that i love but I can’t be bothered with external pedals so I rarely use compression as part of my rigs. I would love to see some updated compressor effects in the kemper.