USB coming through Kemper Kab

• Hello, I've searched the forum, and could not find an answer for this. If I want to play along with a recording on my computer (previous to the direct USB/reamping update), I had my computer connected as an AUX input. Now with the direct USB, I can play music through my studio monitors, however, it also plays through the cab when the power amp is turned on. I thought I knew how to disconnect it so the music only plays through the monitors (not the cab), but have not been able to figure it out. Any help is appreciated.

• Hello, I've searched the forum, and could not find an answer for this. If I want to play along with a recording on my computer (previous to the direct USB/reamping update), I had my computer connected as an AUX input. Now with the direct USB, I can play music through my studio monitors, however, it also plays through the cab when the power amp is turned on. I thought I knew how to disconnect it so the music only plays through the monitors (not the cab), but have not been able to figure it out. Any help is appreciated.

Yes. Its scary!!! yes, it's incomprehensible, but it's true

• Official Post

There is only one global DAW Volume control on page USB Audio in Output Section, that allows to level the incoming playback versus the guitar signal. It's not per output.

• Sorry, didn't get the notifications on replies. I'm on a Mac, Powered Kemper. Before I ran the audio out to aux on kemper and could control that output. I thought that would be possible with the USB & that I could avoid that coming through the Kemper Kab. May have to go back to the aux.

I did the upgrade last night, and interestingly I have a similar issue. I tend to jam to music I have on my PC. Normally the music audio comes out of my PC speakers, and stereo, and I play that way. Kemper audio out to Power Kabinet.

Now, when I power up the Kemper, the PC audio is coming out of the Power Kabinet. The PC and stereo no audio, and both PC music and guitar sound coming out of Kabinet. Ill try to figure it out, Im sure its a simple setting. But if anyone has suggestions please let me know?

The Kemper is a non powered Rack. It is interfaced with my PC via USB so I can use rig manager.

Thanks in advance.

GG

Edited once, last by ggiunta ().

• I would really like it if there was a way to disable USB audio so that my Mac didn’t see the Profiler as an interface unless I wanted it to do so.

How about creating (in Audio MIDI ) an aggregate input (your interface + kemper) and switching between that and your interface alone?

• I have an aggregate device setup already but it can still be a bit unstable plus the biggest issue is that latency of the aggregate device becomes the nearly 12ms of the KPA rather than less than that of my MOTU.

Hmm yes, it does add up. Unless you are all racked up, you could just pull the USB cable when not required? .... IGMC, HNY! 8)