Level difference between main TRS and XLR outputs

• Hello everyone,

I'm noticing a difference in levels between the main TRS and XLR outputs, whereas they were perfectly balanced until now.

This difference is 4.5dB per channel, which is enormous.

I've noticed it since I made the last update (10 something...) but it may have appeared before. Not sure.

It's very annoying for me because now I don't have the same level coming into the (external) looper as some loops already recorded before.

Yes, my wiring is a bit unusual: the XLR Main out goes directly to the mixer and the TRS Main out feeds the looper, which then joins the mixer.

Since the last update, is there a separation of these two sets of outputs? I mean, is there now a control that regulates these two levels independently?

I've searched without success.

Has anyone noticed this?

In fact I understand that the two output levels are different, it would be almost normal, in fact. But what really bothers me is that they were aligned before and my recordings are done.

Thanks for your help.

Stef

• I'm noticing a difference in levels between the main TRS and XLR outputs, whereas they were perfectly balanced until now.

This difference is 4.5dB per channel, which is enormous.

I've noticed it since I made the last update (10 something...) but it may have appeared before. Not sure.

The Main output level should be the same for both TRS and XLR outputs, anyway since you mentioned to have updated probably to the "10 something" and that's a Beta version, probably that's what it boils down to and once that Beta version becomes fully functional there will be no more problem with those output levels.

On the other hand, sure you've already done it, but check out the TRS and XLR cables.

Hope your issues disappear soon ;)

• Hi Guys,
    Thank you very much for your answers.

The real information for me in it is : "The 1/4” outputs are unbalanced TS outs."
    I've had my kemper for 9 years now and never realized it! I was sure that these outputs were balanced.

So it's normal to have a 6 dB difference.

So, as the cables are ok (I checked anyway...) it can only be a problem with the looper.

Thanks again for your help

Stef