Kemper Stage Monitor Volume Issue

• I bought a Kemper stage and a powered Kemper cabinet. I have the monitor output unlinked from the main output. When I set the monitor output to zero dB, which is its highest output, and add 6DB to the output, it keeps changing back to a different lower volume on its own. It keeps changing to a lesser volume setting than I set it at and then it won’t go to 0 db unless I go into output menu and turn the monitor knob up. It’s driving me nuts there’s not enough stage volume.!!! Why is it changing? My powered Kemper toaster does not have this issue. Why won’t it stay at the volume I set it at???

• Official Post

Here is an explanation from the Main Manual:

The PROFILER and 200 watts KEMPER Power Kabinet are a perfect match in terms of signal level and headroom, and the PROFILER’s soft-clipping algorithm is perfectly aligned with the Kabinet’s power amp. The Wattage Meter on the Kemper Kone page is perfectly calibrated to ensure the true values are always displayed. Furthermore, a wattage protection algorithm will automatically turn down Monitor Volume when 200 watts are exceeded, to protect the KEMPER Kone chassis from damage. For the perfect match, and to fully benefit from these amenities when playing loud, it’s best to leave the volume knob of your KEMPER Power Kabinet at maximum position and use the PROFILER’s Monitor Output Volume to control the levels instead. If you need to get even louder, you can still increase Power Amp Boost.

If you do not set the Kabinet’s volume knob to maximum, the soft-clipping and the protection circuit might chime in too early, and the Wattage Meter will show exaggerated values.

For relaxed “playing at home” levels however, it is fine to use the Power Kabinet’s volume to your liking. Just be sure to set the Monitor Output Volume of your PROFILER to a lower level, so that the Wattage Meter doesn’t exceed 50 or 100 watts and to prevent the protection circuit from kicking in.

• "If you need to get even louder, you can still increase Power Amp Boost."

So if I need more volume I can turn on the 6db power amp boost but my amp algorithm is going to turn it back down? That's a great feature! In my opinion this powered Kemper cab should be much louder for the price. This thing is not cheap. It's extremely frustrating. Yeah it sounds fine in your room then you get to the gig and can't hear the cab.

• I have the volume all the way up up on the cab. I can see the db meter and its not going over the 200 db at all. I believe the monitor volume is changing when I change presets.

That is not possible. Monitor volume is global. How do you balance the volume of the different rigs?

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• "If you need to get even louder, you can still increase Power Amp Boost."

So if I need more volume I can turn on the 6db power amp boost but my amp algorithm is going to turn it back down? That's a great feature! In my opinion this powered Kemper cab should be much louder for the price. This thing is not cheap. It's extremely frustrating. Yeah it sounds fine in your room then you get to the gig and can't hear the cab.

Had one and it was walls-shattering loud. Where do you have your monitor volume?

• That is not possible. Monitor volume is global. How do you balance the volume of the different rigs?

I said I believe it but I may be wrong. For instance I'll have my monitor volume sounding fine at say -3db and then a few mins later I can't hear myself and I look and it now says -5.7 db and now that's as loud as it will go when I turn the master volume up. I have to go into output settings and turn the monitor volume back up and then we start the process all over again. This isn't as noticeable when I have the profiler connected to both the cab and a pa system because I have a pa monitor also but when I play without a pa with the band it doesn't cut it. And yes we play loud.

• Have you tried unlinking the monitor volume? Power Amp boost adds 6dB (and no, it wont be killed by the safety circuit)

• I've tested it and concluded its definitely the algorithm turning the monitor output down because I'm going over the 200 db. The powered kemper cab just isn't loud enough for my needs when playing with a band without the help of a pa system. Sucks but them's the facts.

• I've tested it and concluded its definitely the algorithm turning the monitor output down because I'm going over the 200 db. The powered kemper cab just isn't loud enough for my needs when playing with a band without the help of a pa system. Sucks but them's the facts.

Get a second one ;)

• I think Ted Nugent only used 120 watts on his Peavey. He used to use the Fender Twins at 85 watts. 200 watts ain't loud enough? :/

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Ok been wondering how to get around this issue. Is there any other cab from a manufacturer that gets you the amp in room tone?

Or alternatively how hard would it be to load a cabinet with Kemper Kones in such a way that it works with the kemper stage. Either with or without a separate Class D power amp.

• Could you not literally build a cabinet, build a class d amp into it, and then route cables/wires (however that works, I've never done it) to your speakers of choice or Kemper Kones? Then you would just plug an IEC 3prong power cable into the Class D amp and you'd have guitar speakers to run into.

Im guessing something like that would only sound natural with Direct Profiles.