How to reamp di with usb in studio one 5

• Is it possible to listen to the other tracks in a project (Drums, bass, keys etc.) while auditioning different amps so that you can hear it in context?

That depends on how you monitor the playback of your DAW. I don't think it would a simple matter using the Kemper as the monitor, if it can even be done. It's a simple matter for me because I use my interface for monitoring everything (32 USB channels in and 32 out). 2 or 4 channels on the Kemper is too limiting (for me) for what you want to do. I'm not saying it's impossible, I never tried do it it that way.

I have no idea of what equipment you're working with so I can't give any specific advise.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• I have done it easily on my stage due to the 4 USB channels. Full mix goes out on Kemper USB12 and reaches my monitors via Kemper main out connected to my Apollo twin interface. Reamp via Kemper USB34. This way you can leave all cables connected and "just" select Kemper (via asio4all) in the DAW when you want to reamp. And then back to Apollo when mixing. This will work even better with Kemper ASIO drivers. Monitors stays connected to the Apollo all the time as the Apollos internal mixer keeps working even when asio4all is used in the DAW (obviously).

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I have done it easily on my stage due to the 4 USB channels. Full mix goes out on Kemper USB12 and reaches my monitors via Kemper main out connected to my Apollo twin interface. Reamp via Kemper USB34. This way you can leave all cables connected and "just" select Kemper (via asio4all) in the DAW when you want to reamp. And then back to Apollo when mixing. This will work even better with Kemper ASIO drivers. Monitors stays connected to the Apollo all the time as the Apollos internal mixer keeps working even when asio4all is used in the DAW (obviously).

I am working on how to do this without the addition of a separate interface.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks for all the replies - much appreciated! I'm using a a Kemper Head with an Arturia Audio Studio Fuse Studio interface. If it's not not possible to listen to the reamping whilst listening to the other tracks in context, I don't see any point in reamping via USB. I may as well set up say, 10 tracks and record the same guitar track with 10 different amps and audition them separately whilst hearing them in context with the mix. Perhaps I'm missing something?

• Thanks for all the replies - much appreciated! I'm using a a Kemper Head with an Arturia Audio Studio Fuse Studio interface. If it's not not possible to listen to the reamping whilst listening to the other tracks in context, I don't see any point in reamping via USB. I may as well set up say, 10 tracks and record the same guitar track with 10 different amps and audition them separately whilst hearing them in context with the mix. Perhaps I'm missing something?

You should be able to listen via the Arturia while reamping with the Kemper.

• I am working on how to do this without the addition of a separate interface.

Sure. Just connect your monitors directly to the Kemper. No problem. I had the impression that most people have their monitors connected to their main interface and don't want to reconnect the cables.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Sure. Just connect your monitors directly to the Kemper. No problem. I had the impression that most people have their monitors connected to their main interface and don't want to reconnect the cables.

Absolutely. Why would you have a good full function interface and then disconnect it to use the Kemper USB. It doesn’t male any sense.