Does USB Stick Back-Up save *everything* (?)

• Hi all !

Just checking.

When doing a backup onto a USB Stick directly connected to my Kemper Stage ... does is back-up and save *absolutely everything* (?) -or- are there some things that are excluded (?)

Thanks,

Ben

• Backup saves it ALL. Is like cloning your Kemper. The only exception is the external pedal assignment if you create the backup on a Stage and restore on a Head/Rack (because they have only 2 instead of 4)

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• benifin The Profiler OS is not part of the Backup. Keep the current OS on the USB stick, too.

Thanks !

I *presume* the "kaos.bin" file (a) goes in the "OS Update" Folder in the USB Stick (?) and (b) it is the un-zipped "kaos.bin" OS File that is put in that Folder (?)

Ben

Edited once, last by benifin ().

• the kaos.bin file may not be altered but has to be placed on the stick in its original form. It is actually recommended to place the file outside of the OS update folder to allow the Profiler to boot from the stick in an emergency situation.

• the kaos.bin file may not be altered but has to be placed on the stick in its original form. It is actually recommended to place the file outside of the OS update folder to allow the Profiler to boot from the stick in an emergency situation.

So the best / fullest way (?) to do this is:-

(a) => do a full backup onto a USB Stick of my Stage as I have it set up

(b) => then place the Un-Zipped [ 10.1.2 ] kaos.bin into that USB Stick's Root Directory

The then if my Stage "crashes" or I want to load my whole system onto another Kemper Stage:-

c => I place the above (a) + (b) USB stick in ... go Restore and it will load the full OS 10.1.2 as well as all my presets, performances, input, output, global etc.. settings

Do I have this right (?)

Ben

• The profiler will ask if you want to upgrade the OS (if it's different than what's on the stick). Once that's done (if necessary), then you would do a restore from the stick.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• the operating system will only be installed if you respond with yes to the question if you want to install it or if you keep both PAGE buttons pressed during startup.

Restoring a backup will only restore your rigs, presets, performances and global settings