USB MIDI

• Very happy about the USB MIDI addition in the latest beta!

Having said that, it seems to be transmitting SysEx only instead of CC/PC messages. Anyone else experiencing that? I'm using a Profiler Stage, btw.

According to the main manual, the Profiler should be sending MIDI CCs and Program Change messages when the expression pedal or switches are operated.

• Perhaps I have misunderstood this functionality but I was hoping this would work in either browser or performance mode so that it could be used to record automation in the DAW, etc.

Maybe someone from Kemper might be able to clarify it.

• you can only send the following control changes if you have external expression pedals configured accordingly:

CC#1,CC#4,CC#7 and CC#11. In order to transmit these the "pedals to MIDI" function must be active and you have to configure at least one MIDI device (A or B) to be connected to the MIDI output.

This works in browse and perform mode.

In order to send program changes you need to assign the desired program change numbers to the slot in a performance.

This only works in perform mode.

All of these functions will work with USB MIDI and with standard MIDI.

• Many thanks for that, Kemper Support #1

I think that selecting the "MIDI Out" option under the Performance Mode: MIDI setting was the only thing missing. That seems to work as expected now.

Unless I completely missed it, I must admit that this did not seem to be clear in the documentation though.

• Many thanks for that, Kemper Support #1

I think that selecting the "MIDI Out" option under the Performance Mode: MIDI setting was the only thing missing. That seems to work as expected now.

Unless I completely missed it, I must admit that this did not seem to be clear in the documentation though.

you can find a detailed explanation on pages 380 and 381 in the reference manual.

• Thanks again, I do appreciate the replies.

That section of the manual talks about transmitting MIDI messages in Performance mode, I get that.

What did not seem clear to me is that those settings also seem to affect Browser mode's ability to transmit CCs.

Perhaps there is a clear guide on this somewhere but I have not been able to find it.

• Hi, have a Boss EV-1-WL and would love to use it as a midi expression pedal via USB and 5 pin and send two CC messages simultaneously from the EV to the Kemper. Can't seem to make the USB connection respond on the Kemper. Any tips?

• I have a kemper stage and am running 10.2.2.49572

I have the EV-1 connected by USB to the USB A port on the Kemper from the USB B port on EV and sending and receiving on Channel 10 and trying to send MIDI CC 7 to the Kemper.

• kpahuitsing: is this really intended to work? Does the USB-A port also send and receive usb midi messages?

In the manual it says: "Since OS 10.2 the USB connection used for Rig Manager and USB audio can be used for MIDI transmission, too. USB MIDI mirrors the functionality of the MIDI IN and MIDI OUT sockets." I thought the usb connection "used for rig manager and usb audio" was the USB-B port on the Kemper (so the one on the back of my Kemper Rack).

I'm asking since in my case, I can use my Line6 FBV Shortboard V2 to control my Kemper rack using my PC (by using a DAW to send MIDI USB commands from my FBV shortboard to my Kemper ), but I can't use my FBV shortboard directly connected to my USB-A connection from my Kemper Rack (the one in the front).

The USB-A port does power up my FBV Shortboard, but it does not seem to receive the USB midi commands to my FBV Shortboard. So I thought the USB-A port on the Kemper (Rack) did not work for USB midi (and only the USB-B in the back could be used for this).

If it does work: can I use this in combination with my FBV shortboard? I think my FBV shortboard is USB class compliant, since it immediately works as USB controller on f.e. an iPhone or Ipad. So if the USB-A on the Kemper (Rack) works for USB midi, would it also work with my FBV Shortboard? I don't have any USB-B to USB-B cable (and connecting two USB-B cables using a usb-A to usb-A adapter does not seem to work, this does not power up my FBV Shortboard, so I haven't been able to test this.

Another question: in case the Rack USB-A port in the front cannot be used for my FBV Shortboard, would the USB-A port on the new Kemper Player work? It seems in the manual for the Kemper Player, both USB ports can be used for USB midi? So the new Kemper Profiler Player would work in combination with a Line 6 FBV Shortboard v2?