Powered Kabinet with ToneX (& other profilers / modelers)

• Hi all

Sorry of this has been asked before.

Does anyone have any experience of using the Kemper Kab with other modelers and profilers? Does it work well or is there something about the Kemper set up that means that it's not ideal?

Thanks

• The Kone is specifically for the Profiler. You *might* get a sound you like with something else, but that would be coincidental.

Without the Profiler and its imprint technology, the results will be far less than ideal.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• No speakers are flat response. Most “flat response” type speakers seek to achieve this by applying certain DSP eq to compensate. Typically this DSP is contained in the powered cabinet itself and therefore can be used with any input device (modellers etc). However, the DSP required to adjust the Kone/Kabinet is contained in the Profiler so the Kone/Kabinet frequency response will definitely be different when using an other modeller. As Rufus pointed out, you may get lucky and like the results but there is no way of predicting this as it will simply be a matter of personal taste.

• The reason why i suggested this :

:) ;)

• Thanks for your replies / guidance.

I'm not particularly technical. It appears that it's not ideal to use other modelers.

With the clever stuff going on in the Kemper amp, I thought that using the Kabinet would be no less predictable than say using another modeler with another powered frfr cab.

But the Kone itself I imagine has been designed specifically for the Kemper Amp so it makes sense that it would add some kind of unwanted or unmatched flavour to different tone generators.

It's a bit of a pain. I do have the unpowered Kemper amp but didn't want to have to double up on the whole ecosystem to be able use other technologies.

• But the Kone itself I imagine has been designed specifically for the Kemper Amp so it makes sense that it would add some kind of unwanted or unmatched flavour to different tone generators.

I don’t think it’s so much a matter of the Kone being specifically designed for the Kemper but rather that the DSP is happening in the Kemper rather than in the powered speaker enclosure itself. It is the DSP that makes the speakers sound “flat” or like another speaker in the case of the imprints.

• I don’t think it’s so much a matter of the Kone being specifically designed for the Kemper but rather that the DSP is happening in the Kemper rather than in the powered speaker enclosure itself. It is the DSP that makes the speakers sound “flat” or like another speaker in the case of the imprints.

The only other brand i know who offers the "amp in the room" solution with cabs simulations is L6 with their Powercab family. All is integrated into the device.

The advantage is that you can use it with every modelers on the market, you just have to disable the speaker simulation on the modeler.

The drawback is that you have to buy this expensive all-in-one solution...

Kemper started from the observation that poeple who would want a Kone/Kabinet would owned a Profiler. The possibility to only buy a speaker is really good ! :thumbup:

Farther than the funny solution i suggested, they could launched a all-in-one Powered solution with DSP on board....

• I find that compared to the expensive price, its advantages are truly superior. If it were me, I'd be willing to spend money to own it.