PLAYER - what were they thinking?

• L6 and Fractal purpose same FX (and amp/cab sims) in all devices. Block's number is reduced but not at all something that prevents us from using this device on its own.

Helix stomp offers more FX blocks than a Kemper Stage.... I don't even speak about FM3, the number of blocks seems to be very important.

As i said i had a Helix before and my FX chain was smaller and smaller. I could easily switch/copy a simple Rig from a unit to another one if i had a Helix and a stomp.

Those two limitations all together with the player would prevent me from doing so....

Regardless of how you want to look at it - the HX Stomp is limited compared to the bigger units. That's all I said.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• For me, playing straight-up metal, the 4 blocks in the Player seem to do the job of acting as a back-up unit or even gigging live with the "miniKemper". Understandably, it's not the case for other players with more sophisticated tone-shaping needs, but again, with very high expectations it's rather easy to be disappointed.

Yes, I do believe that the KPA cured my GAS.

• This is absolutely perfect for me, just bought one, should be here later this week!!

All I used my big Kemper for was a couple good amp tones and 2-3 effects. Done, Player is perfect.

I did a little test with my HX Stomp before buying the player to see if the lack of screen would be an issue. In the last two weeks, I haven't edited the Stomp once with the on board screen, always the editor. Boom, lack of screen = non issue.

While it's not for everyone, it's for me and I'm stoked to finally have a small Kemper I can take everywhere without fuss.

• Even if i've made some reproaches (that i maintain), i've bought one (and, yes, it's hard to find one).

This little unit is a good one to go and travel, as a backup and train at home but i still wait for the unlocked features....

4 Fixed blocks are not enough, got some rigs with 4:1 noise gate, it immediatly reduces the number of possibilities. I've got some rigs on my Stage that i can't simplify and want to copy in this little toy ;)

PS ; i've already seen two used Players for sale too....

• I think You will absolutely love it! And there is really absolutely no need to have any kind of the screen… everything I can do through my iPhone in standing position without having to bend down to the floor.. so I do not need and use also all the knobs except the foot switch buttons and main master volume knob.. When I connect BOSS FS-5 dual footswitch I can switch separately 5 options - FX1, FX2, FX1 + FX2 together, Rig up and Rig down! Fantastic! I still do lack very few features and hope they will be accessible in the future… the most important thing for me was the size and the weight of this gear.. I have also its Big Brother head from 2012 but now I can travel on my rehearsals without having to disconnect everything it is also another big plus for me… and in the certain sense I am really happy that it has its limitations so I do not fall in so called options anxiety and play my guitar more and more.. :)

• I use the new reverbs and delays almost exclusively in my Rack. While I can likely get by with 4 efx slots, I can't live without the new verbs and delays.

I am warming up to the idea of using a phone app as my screen. After all, I do operate an X32 Rack with a tablet and it has way more going on than a guitar processor.

I might have to buy a player once the efx package is updated as it would then make a very nice "throw and go" solution as well as a great backup to my main rig. I'll likely never give up my Rack and FC as this combo is just a fantastic gig rig and keeps the cable clutter away from my feet unlike a dedicated floor board solution.

• G String

Closed the thread.