Can Player toggle rigs with footswitch?

• Can I toggle the rigs with built in footswitches?

…and are they loaded on push and not on release of the footswitch?

By toggle rigs I mean:

press footswitch 1 to use rig A

press footswitch 1 again to use rig B

press footswitch 1 again to use rig A

and so on.

Edited 2 times, last by Arek77 ().

• Arek77

Changed the title of the thread from “Player toggle” to “Can Player toggle rigs with footswitch?”.
  • According to the instruction manual it says this:

"All foot switches are freely assignable to your personal preferences in System Settings in Rig Manager."

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• But the original Kemper footswitch does not work, right?

That is very strange.. They just could have added that LAN-port somewhere...

Do you mean the remote control with “original Kemper foot switch”? No, it seems like you can't use that.

The Kemper Profiler Switch can be used as an external switch. Here you can assign your preferred switching function to the A and B switches.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• What I find impressive is, they managed to allow it to switch rigs smoothly and maintain spillover of wet effects. I’ve liked how they’ve always prioritized that over more options in the same preset like line 6 and QC do. Meaning that in the Kemper universe, you tend to need to do less effect toggling because you have the option to smoothly go to other rigs, which on the Stage meant using the front row of foot switches more than the back row which is easier to do live, especially if you’re singing

The Remote is $400+ by itself...and you'd end up with a more complicated and limited version of a Stage for similar money.

To me a better option is a MIDI footswitch, which are dirt cheap in comparison.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• According to the instruction manual it says this:

"All foot switches are freely assignable to your personal preferences in System Settings in Rig Manager."

Promising, but vague.

If it could be set up to switch rigs or banks up or down… maybe it could be set to select a rig in the bank…

I have ordered one anyway.

• Official Post

The three built-in foot switches normally and by default switch as soon as these get pushed.

We are preparing so called "combo" functions for another software version soon. That means, that additional switching functions can be assigned to the two combinations of foot switches 1+2 and 2+3. So overall you could optionally assign four or five switching functions to three physical foot switches. As soon as you do that, the logical consequence is, that the combo function will respond as soon as you push the second of the two switches. However, the underlying single functions will not respond before you release that foot switch, since the software cannot know, if you intend to use a single or a combo function before one of these two possible events. But again, this will be optional and only apply to single functions of switches which also are part of a combo function. Your choice!

Strongly disagree. That's a major design mod for a fringe use case.

If you need the big heavy remote you might as well use a full Kemper profiler unit.

• We are preparing so called "combo" functions for another software version soon. That means, that additional switching functions can be assigned to the two combinations of foot switches 1+2 and 2+3.

Just to clarify: this "combo" function (as documented in the manual) isn't available in the initial software version?

Also, can you please clarify: the manual says "switching functions marked with an asterisk [...] change from latching to momentary operation if the button is held for a while" - what does this mean for the "Rig 1...5" function ? Will this then switch to a different rig in the bank while you hold the button and switch back to the current rig when you release? Or is this just an error in the manual...

Also the manual says "the two combo switches [...] always trigger their assigned functions when these switch combinations are hit, and an automatic change to momentary mode after timeout is supported" - from the first half of the sentence, I assume that the second half should read "change to momentary mode after timeout is NOT supported" - correct?

• Let’s focus on my original question:

Can I toggle the rigs with built in footswitches?

…and are they loaded on push and not on release of the footswitch?

By toggle rigs I mean:

press footswitch 1 to use rig A

press footswitch 1 again to use rig A

and so on.…”