Profile Player and Ampero Control

• Hi there, I’ve tried sending midi messages over usb with an Ampero control to the profile player with no success, connecting ampero usb to usb A on Player.

If I use a midi to usb host cable everything works.

Channels are ok (1 for Ampero,Omni on Kemper), I tried different usb cables.

What could be the problem? Any advice?

• If you want to control multiple devices independently, you can set a specific channel in System Settings. Now, the Player will only

process messages received on that channel.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• I've had the info from the manual under "Midi" --> Midi Global Channel. Sorry i can't say anything more in detail.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• Official Post

The parameter "MIDI Global Channel" is planned to be added in the next OS and Rig Manager updates. So far the Player works in "Omni" mode constantly. So if you are sending MIDI comands on various channels (1-16), the Player will execute all of these.

That's all that's missing: There is no "MIDI section" missing. If your Player doesn't execute MIDI comands send from the USB socket of your Ampero Control, it's not because of that missing MIDI Global Channel parameter. Others succeeded using a Keith McMillan Softstep with the Player connected via USB cable.

• Official Post

I just made a simple test: I used a MIDI to USB adapter, which has a USB-A plug on one side and two 5-pin MIDI plugs on the other side. I plugged its MIDI plugs into a PROFILER Rack and activated "UI to MIDI" there.

The Player follows

- dialing GAIN at the Rack

- switching effect module DLY on and off at the panel of the Rack

- navigating through Performances at the Rack e.g. loading Performance 4 Slot 3 loads Bank 4 Slot 3 at the Player.

At the same time I can send MIDI comands from freeware MIDI OX on my PC into the USB-B socket of the Player via the same cable I use for Rig Manager. These are processed, too.

Conclusion: There is no evidence that the Player as a receiving MIDI device doesn't work as expected and documented. If you are experiencing issues, test with another sending device as a reference. MIDI OX is freeware and a good choice.

• 00diablo00 Did you route PC data to the USB output of the Ampero?

There is a dedicated setting:

Output To lets you decide how MIDI message will be sent. You can send it via either Bluetooth, USB jack, MIDI OUT jack or any combinations.

As the USB to MIDI cable worked, I assume that the ampero is set to send to MIDI out only.

• Good morning,

I am facing the same issue

Ampero Control was setup to send signal via usb

I tried it with this cables but none worked

Lindy USB 2.0 Typ A/B 1m
    Lindy USB 2.0 Typ A/B 1m; Typ A/B Kabel; Anthra Line; unterstützte Bandbreite: 480Mbit/s; PVC-Gehäuse mit vergoldeten Kontakten und nickelbeschichteten…
    www.thomann.de

Second test was done to send the midi signal through the Tonex midi out to the usb port

Thomann Midi USB 1x1
    Thomann Midi USB 1x1, Midi-Interface 1x MIDI-In 1x MIDI Out, Gesamtlänge: ca. 2m, kompatibel mit Windows 7/8.1/10 (USB 2 und 3) sowie Mac OSX
    www.thomann.de

• you say: 'none' worked... so the 2nd try was:

XXX -> MIDI -> USB -> PLAYER ?

and this didn't work? how/what did you test?

(because that is basically the same scenario Burkhard and others describes and tested successfully)

• I will test another cable on monday or tuesday

Explaining more in detail :

i have an dual modeler setup

ToneX + Kemper Profile Player

At the end everything should be done with the Midi Switcher exept the "normal pedals" i like and can replace to my taste and purchases :D