Feedback on XTC profiles

• Hey everyone. I've been using my KPA since 2015 w/ mostly mbritt profiles. I wasn't really satisfied with the other free and commercial XTC profiles I've used. ....and no I didn't buy *all* of them, but I did buy a bunch! Anyway, I have no ambition to sell any profiles, but I do want to get better at capturing tones that sound good "in the room" as well as in the mix w/ a band. I'm really not an expert at dialing in stuff.

Anyway, I made 4 profiles of my 2001 XTC, and I'd love to get some feedback on these. The amp settings sound unworldly here, and I do feel like these captured it reasonably well w/ a 57 mic and playing them through a kone. I didn't mess with making a merge profile and I don't believe the liquid EQs are available for this amp. If you search the rig exchange for "mrguitar" they will pop up.

I guess 1) I hope these are useful for others. 2) if you think I should to change amp or mic settings to get better captures, I would love to hear it and learn from you. I have some other high-end amps I'd really like to get good captures as well. I realize this is highly subjective. :)

Thanks in advanced and enjoy!

• Good point! I can see them in the web interface where they get uploaded, but I just checked Rig Manager and I don't see them. I believe I read somewhere else that there's a delay for them to show up. My apologies if I posted this prematurely. Hopefully they'll show up soon (or I'll go learn what I got wrong as this is my first time to attempt an upload).

Anyway, thanks for checking!

• Bakersounds ok, I just restarted Rig Manager and it appears to re-sync with the exchange on start up. I can see them on the application now. I bet if you restart RM they will be available. I suspect there's a smarter way to re-sync the exchange, but I don't see an option to do it manually.

• That was also my mistake. A restart of Rig Manager helped, that Rig Exchange sync. and now I can see your Profiles.

My first impressions? To me these profiles sounds really good. Not as much mid-scoop as a lot of profiles have, which I personally don't like that much.

Good job man and thx for sharing. :thumbup:

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• urpilus, thanks! I can do that later in the week when the family is out of the house. :) (we're all snowed in today)

Do you think the sparkle should come from more treble and/or presence or more of a mic placement change?

Thanks,

I think more presence, less bass.

And more gain in the red profile.. :love: :thumbup:

Thanks mate!!

• Yeah, I really would also like to hear your profiles with more gain on channel 2 and channel 3. Also a version of each with the boost and without on higher gains would be nice ;)

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• Hi. Yesterday i tried the xtc profiles and I really liked them. I saw a comment that they were too dark. For me they were a little to harsh. So I dont know if brightened them up (if that is good English 😀). I play a telecaster so that sounds more mid and bright. What i did is adding an eq and tweak that. Really like what you did. Thanks

• mrguitar , thanks so much for sharing! :thumbup: 8)

I do like the red one pretty much, very cool. Small comment and aspect for improvement: Definition is instantly at level 10 - so no chance to adjust that a bit higher which would potentially help the folks above who want it a bit less dark. If the Definition would be around 6-7 for the red profile as is that would help a lot to keep it tweakable.

• Official Post

mrguitar , thanks so much for sharing! :thumbup: 8)

I do like the red one pretty much, very cool. Small comment and aspect for improvement: Definition is instantly at level 10 - so no chance to adjust that a bit higher which would potentially help the folks above who want it a bit less dark. If the Definition would be around 6-7 for the red profile as is that would help a lot to keep it tweakable.

the Definition value is determined by the PROFILER during the profiling process, it's not a user/author set value.
    It reflects the tone shaping happening in the amp channel being profiled,