Spare power supply for Player?

• Can anyone recommend a basic product to power only the Player? It would be nice to find a backup unit that’s higher quality than the included one.

I’ve got a CIOKS DC7 in my keyboard rig, and will power the KPP using the DC7 and a CRUX adapter.

When I’m not sitting in my studio, I’d prefer not to take the CIOKS with me if playing only guitar.

• Answering myself again.

I found this on Thomann:

[LEFT]Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-Adapter 12[/LEFT][LEFT][Blocked Image: https://thumbs.static-thomann.de/thumb//bdbmagic/pics/prod/482907.jpg][/LEFT]

For $9.10 this matches the power requirement of the Player, with a 5.5/2.1mm center-negative barrel. A Thomann buyer’s product review confirms this works for the Quad Cortex, which seems to need the same power as the KPP. His comment is that this is a higher-quality unit for much less than the cost of Neural’s power supply.

I can’t guarantee it will work, but I ordered two so I can find out and have a spare in my bag. At this cost, it’s worth it for a 12v 3000mA supply.

Of course, if your country’s outlets aren’t of the “Europlug” standard, you’ll need a physical adapter.

• Kellerblues the One Spot may be shy of the 24 watts the KPP is rated for (at the Truetone’s 9v that’s a bit under 2700mA).

Some have reported that KPP’s work with less than 24 watts, and others have said they endlessly power cycle when under powered.

The Truetone seems to be suited for most standard guitar pedals that aren’t power hungry like our KPP’s or a Quad Cortex (will I be hit by Internet lightning for saying that product name here? 8o ).

• Let us know if the Harley Benton works! Sweetwater has a similar one that is a little pricey but I will grab if it works...gotta have a spare.

I contacted Kemper support so see if they sell spares but have not heard back yet.

• Explorer78 will do.

It will likely be a couple months before this gets here. The power supply is in my cart at Thomann, but I have to work out a few things before I complete the order. When I do place an order with them, it takes up to a month before it arrives.

• I've called Kemper (but had to leave a message), scheduled an in-person appointment at their showroom in Chicago (but never heard anything back to confirm), I've emailed (TWICE), and asked about getting a backup Player power supply multiple times in the comment sections of Kemper's Instagram posts about the Player. Crickets. When I had an issue with my Stage a couple of years ago, Kemper's customer support was SUPER fast, friendly, and totally helpful. Now..... Ugh.

• I've called Kemper (but had to leave a message), scheduled an in-person appointment at their showroom in Chicago (but never heard anything back to confirm), I've emailed (TWICE), and asked about getting a backup Player power supply multiple times in the comment sections of Kemper's Instagram posts about the Player. Crickets. When I had an issue with my Stage a couple of years ago, Kemper's customer support was SUPER fast, friendly, and totally helpful. Now..... Ugh.

please use the contact form in the support section of the Kemper website for your inquiry. Make sure to log into your account before using the contact form and select product support inquiry as the feedback type.

• New
    • Official Post

I've called Kemper (but had to leave a message), scheduled an in-person appointment at their showroom in Chicago (but never heard anything back to confirm), I've emailed (TWICE), and asked about getting a backup Player power supply multiple times in the comment sections of Kemper's Instagram posts about the Player. Crickets. When I had an issue with my Stage a couple of years ago, Kemper's customer support was SUPER fast, friendly, and totally helpful. Now..... Ugh.

Dave,

We were closed for the Easter holiday and I believe you received a call back already. We have replacement Player Power Supplies on order and should be getting them in the next 2 weeks. As for your appointment, you were scheduled for an appointment and didn't show up. We were there! Perhaps your email confirmation is in your spam folder? Never the less, we will have new power supplies soon, and there are many other options posted on these forums for power solutions, from the CIOKS, Palmer, etc.