Why are all these profile packs set at the highest rig volume ?

• Why are all these profile packs set at the highest rig volume ? I try to go sample them they bang my ears they are set so loud and have to constantly turn down the rig volume. is there a global rig volume setting?

• G String

Changed the title of the thread from “Why are all these profile packs set at the highest rig volume ? I try to go sample them they bang my ears they are set so loud and have to constantly turn down the rig volume. is there a global rig volume setting?” to “Why are all these profile packs set at the highest rig volume ?”.
  • Basically, human nature assumes that louder is better. When comparing any two sounds side by side we are conditioned to think the louder one sounds better. Its all psychoacoustics.

As a result profile sellers seem to have a sort of loudness war to male their profiles the “best”. I’m with you though, it drives me absolutely crazy. I really wish all profile packs came set at the default 0db position for Amp and Rig Volumes. That would put most rigs in decent range for comparison and allow scope for personal level adjustments to fit in performances.