using Kemper Profiler with 2 powered FRFR enclosures

• I'm currently using my unpowered KPA Rack with a single FRFR enclosure (Monitor out into the FRFR). If I wanted to add another powered FRFR enclosure to my rig, would I just connect the 2nd FRFR to the first one via the balanced output of the main FRFR or is there another preferred way to do this? Thanks!

• I suppose it depends on whether you just want extra power/spread for the existing mono signal or want a stereo monitor setup. The scenario you described would give more power while remaining mono. If you want to go stereo there is a stereo monitor option in the output menu which uses the direct out for the second speaker.

• I'm currently using my unpowered KPA Rack with a single FRFR enclosure (Monitor out into the FRFR). If I wanted to add another powered FRFR enclosure to my rig, would I just connect the 2nd FRFR to the first one via the balanced output of the main FRFR or is there another preferred way to do this? Thanks!

That's how I do it. I have two Yamaha DXR10 powered monitors connected just as you describe. Works great. I don't do it for more power (one of these is astonishingly loud all by itself) but more to get a bigger sound stage. I migrated to Kemper from a Soldano head with two 4x12 cabs. One 10" powered monitor wasn't gonna cut it. Two does the job nicely.

• That's how I do it. I have two Yamaha DXR10 powered monitors connected just as you describe. Works great. I don't do it for more power (one of these is astonishingly loud all by itself) but more to get a bigger sound stage. I migrated to Kemper from a Soldano head with two 4x12 cabs. One 10" powered monitor wasn't gonna cut it. Two does the job nicely.

Ok, thanks! Just curious- have you done gigs with this setup where you aren't running to FOH where you are totally relying on your rig volume onstage to fill the room?

• I suppose it depends on whether you just want extra power/spread for the existing mono signal or want a stereo monitor setup. The scenario you described would give more power while remaining mono. If you want to go stereo there is a stereo monitor option in the output menu which uses the direct out for the second speaker.

Gotcha! Thanks for your response.

• Ok, thanks! Just curious- have you done gigs with this setup where you aren't running to FOH where you are totally relying on your rig volume onstage to fill the room?

I have not. I don't gig anymore but I don't see why this setup wouldn't work in that scenario. Just face them into the room like a conventional amp and they get really loud. I've been playing my Kemper for over four years with these on the floor in front of me pointed up like monitor wedges but I just cranked them up and stood with my back to them still angled up and they sound great. I still have my guitar amp setup in the room behind the monitors and they hold their own with a Soldano Hot Rod 50 into two Soldano 4x12 cabs. I think it would work just fine.

• Ok, thanks! Just curious- have you done gigs with this setup where you aren't running to FOH where you are totally relying on your rig volume onstage to fill the room?

I've done a 300 person gig in a hall with a single DXR10. Whole band was nothing but backline except for the vocals PA. Zero issue.

I'm sure I could do it with a Kabinet as well.