Reamping with SPDIF Kemper STAGE...Can't Seem To Get It Right

• Hi All!

Looking for some help with reamping setup for Kemper Stage. I have the SPDIF Connections all set up; but for whatever reason Logic won't pick up my SPIDF out from my interface (Black Lion Audio Revolution 2x2). Further, I just can't seem to figure the whole thing out...there's a lot of info out there on reamping via SPDIF with the toaster or rack, but nothing for the Stage. I've watched countless youtube videos on reamping via SPDIF with the toaster or rack models and all the output sources have some variation of Git/Stack, Git Studio, etc... but none of those are options on the Stage? I guess I am just quite confused on what the schematic should look like.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• reamping works the same on every Profiler that supports SPDIF. The names of the output sources were changed a while ago in an update from Git/Analog to DI Low and from Git Studio to DI High for all models that run that version.

If your interface does not pick up the SPDIF signal make sure that you have connected the output of the Profiler with the input of your audio interface with a coaxial cable and either set your interface to be the clock slave or set the clock mode in the Stage to Auto.

Select the SPDIF input in the input menu and the desired output source for the SPDIF output in the output menu.

For reamping, you need to connect the Profiler and your interface with 2 coaxial cables.

• reamping works the same on every Profiler that supports SPDIF. The names of the output sources were changed a while ago in an update from Git/Analog to DI Low and from Git Studio to DI High for all models that run that version.

If your interface does not pick up the SPDIF signal make sure that you have connected the output of the Profiler with the input of your audio interface with a coaxial cable and either set your interface to be the clock slave or set the clock mode in the Stage to Auto.

Select the SPDIF input in the input menu and the desired output source for the SPDIF output in the output menu.

For reamping, you need to connect the Profiler and your interface with 2 coaxial cables.

using Logic Pro X and Black Lion Audio Revolution 2x2, for reference with coax cables.

Kemper SPDIF OUT to Interface SPDIF IN

Kemper SPDIF IN to Interface SPDIF OUT

I have gotten past the earlier issue. I am able to record a DI and stereo wet track no problem...the issue is now with reamping. For whatever reason, Logic is not allowing me to set any outputs other than stereo out, no out, mono output 1 or mono output 2. to the best of my knowledge, I should be able to set the output to a corresponding SPDIF OUT, which I would then utilize as the IN for the reamp track and set the Kemper input source to SPDIF reamp.

Maybe it is an interface issue? Maybe it's a Logic issue? Not too sure.

• I have no personal experience with the Black Lion interface but looking at some of the reviews on the net it seems that it is strictly a 2 in and 2 out interface. For reamping you need an interface with at least 3 outputs to send the DI on a separate output.

• I use Reaper. One way to set up an output track back through the interface is with one of it's included plugins called ReaInsert that maps inputs to outputs.

I found this I/O plugin that may help. If not, ask the Pro Logic forum..

Logic Pro 9 Effects

BTW, the Black Lion 2x2 has SPDIF in/outs.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• BTW, the Black Lion 2x2 has SPDIF in/outs.

of course it does-otherwise the OP could not connect it to the Profiler. But looking at the online reviews it seems that these do not count as "additional" inputs and outputs but merely act as a digital version of the 2 analog ins and outs. Unfortunately, the only manual that I could find is a quick start that does not address this topic.

• You don't need the I/O plugin for reamping with Logic. As long as the interface recognises the SPDIF ins and out it should just be a matter of selecting the appropriate one and off you go. I used to do it without any problems. I haven't actually revamped anything for quite a while so can't remember my exact steps but Logic is pretty straight forward in this respect.

• You don't need the I/O plugin for reamping with Logic. As long as the interface recognises the SPDIF ins and out it should just be a matter of selecting the appropriate one and off you go. I used to do it without any problems. I haven't actually revamped anything for quite a while so can't remember my exact steps but Logic is pretty straight forward in this respect.

yeah the only problem with it is that since the BLA Revolution 2x2 is a 2 in/out interface that you either use analog OR SPDIF (either or functionality), I have no way of selecting an output stereo track for the DI and then utilizing that output as the in for the reamp track. I think that is really where the issue lies.

• yeah the only problem with it is that since the BLA Revolution 2x2 is a 2 in/out interface that you either use analog OR SPDIF (either or functionality), I have no way of selecting an output stereo track for the DI and then utilizing that output as the in for the reamp track. I think that is really where the issue lies.

Damn. That’s a bummer. Time for a new interface I suppose.