Midi CC command to turn on/off FX1 & FX2

• I have a question about Kemper Player and midi:

I know there's MIDI CC to turn on/off A module, B module, delay, reverb.

Also the Node for Effect Button 1-4

But is there a CC command to turn on off the assignable FX1 and FX2 (the ones that have hardware buttons on the pedal?

That way I could program my midi pedal to turn off the assignable FX-slots no matter where in the chain they are :)

• if you assign the FX buttons to the virtual effects switches I-IIII you can control their state by sending CC#75-CC#78

How do you assign effects to the virtual FX buttons? I can't see anyway to do this on the desktop Rig Manager. Is this a feature that hasn't yet been fully implemented or am I missing something obvious?

• you can do it on the hardware by pressing the FX button and the switch, similar to the way you would do it on a Stage or Remote.

Surely that only applies to FX1 and FX2. I was thinking about the ability to assign say virtual foot switch I to and external dual pedal and have it for example, Turn on FX A and FXD while the other button on the Dual Switch could be assigned to virtual foot switch II which would toggle between FXB and FXC in a rig. Then do something completely different in the next rig. FX1 and FX2 can each only be assigned to an individual effect even though the FX1 + 2 foot switch can control both simultaneously.

• you can assign each of the 4 effects to one of the FX buttons and assign it to one of the effect switches. Start with Stomp A to FX 1 and assign it to effect switch I, then assign Stomp B to FX1 and assign it to effect switch II, then assign Delay to FX1, and so forth

• you can assign each of the 4 effects to one of the FX buttons and assign it to one of the effect switches. Start with Stomp A to FX 1 and assign it to effect switch I, then assign Stomp B to FX1 and assign it to effect switch II, then assign Delay to FX1, and so forth

I'm sorry but I must be having a "senior moment" as I'm not grasping this at all. Firstly, let's confirm the terminology to make sure I am not misinterpreting your advice or confusing buttons with switches etc.

There are 4 possible FX which I called A,B,C and D in my post. However, I should have called them A, B, DLY and REV.

There are 2 special FX functions FX1 and FX2 these have buttons on the Player to assign them to an appropriate foostwitch on the Player (i.e. any foot switch on the Player which has been assigned the function of FX1, FX2 or FX 1+2). These special FX functions also allow quick access to their main parameters via the FX1 and FX2 knobs.

Finally, there is an external Footswitch connected to the Pedal socket (in my example a Dual Switch with TRS connection) but this could also be a midi controller as Zatri123 discussed.

The Player has Options under the Footswitch Boxes in the System Menu to for each foot switch to work as Effect Button I - IIII or FX1, FX2, FX 1+2

I want to assign A to Effect Button I which is toggled ON/OFF by the external footswitch

If I understand correctly, you are saying that I should assign A to FX1 (the purple FX1 icon is attached to the A block in RM). Now I want to assign this to Effect Button I and have this controlled by the Tip connection on the External Footswitch. However, I can't see any way to assign anything to Effect Button I. The only options are FX1, FX2 or FX 1+2.

Also, as soon as I try to assign say DLY to FX1, A is cancelled and only DLY is assigned.

Sorry for being so slow but my ancient brain is struggling with this ?(

• here is a video that shows how it works:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• here is a video that shows how it works:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks. You're a Star!

That now makes sense for the first part however, I appears that the second part that I was trying to achieve isn't possible as Effect Button I - IIII aren't available as options for the external Dual Footswitch. Are these functions going to be added in OS11 or will it only be via midi that they can be accessed externally?

I suppose the alternative way of achieving what I want would be to assign Rig Previous and Rig Next to the external foot switch and use the Player's own foot switches for virtual effect buttons.

• Forgive my ignorance, but what could be the problem in being able to assign the effect to Effect button I/IIII directly from the rig manager? I mean, in the same way as we can now assign it to FX 1 or FX 2. Wouldn't this be easier?

• Forgive my ignorance, but what could be the problem in being able to assign the effect to Effect button I/IIII directly from the rig manager? I mean, in the same way as we can now assign it to FX 1 or FX 2. Wouldn't this be easier?

This would sure make things a lot easier. Now there isn't even a way to know how I've set the "virtual effects buttons"?

• Official Post

The Effect Buttons I-IIII cannot only switch modules on/off, but also trigger Action&Freeze functions like Infinity or Rotary Speaker Speed. How to integrate these into Rig Manager in a smooth manner is not obvious, but our engineering will find a solution....

• Official Post

Generally, each Effect Button can hold up to for assignments e.g. Effect Button II could toggle A, B, DLY and REV all together.

The LED only shows the first assignment. If you assigned B first adn there is a Distortion effect, the LED shows red regardless of the other assigned effect types.

If you now empty module B, the assignment is still there, but there is no effect and no color.

I guess, that is what happened in your case.

I suggest, you clear all the assignments and start from scratch. We might publish a Rig Manager supporting those assigments for the Player soon.