How to use Looper with Kemper Player

• Is there any way to use Looper when playing with headphones in Kemper player?

I am looking for a way to do this without using an audio I/F and a PC.

• I have the same problem - how do you use a looper at the end of the effects chain - so you can have the looper "playing" a different sound to the one you want to play over it - when using headphones.

Its a pain to do - ideally kemper would release an upgrade that would add one (if its up to the task).

You could - and its incredibly painful - record the loop and (as already been said) play that loop through bluetooth back into the player!

I assume kemper don't think you should be using the player that way though.

• Official Post

The looper available with PROFILER Remote and Stage requires five dedicated foot switches for its full capacities. To have these available you switch these buttons into their Looper Mode via an addition LOOPER button. How would you do all this or even a fraction of it with a device, which just has three foot switches overall? Is this even meaningful if you have buttons to start and stop loops but cannot change sounds and effects anymore?

And if you consider to enhance the Player with a MIDI device adding switches, which requires additional budget and floor space, wouldn't it be more meaningful to consider a PROFILER Stage, which is designed for it?

That's why the Player has no Looper.

• The looper available with PROFILER Remote and Stage requires five dedicated foot switches for its full capacities. To have these available you switch these buttons into their Looper Mode via an addition LOOPER button. How would you do all this or even a fraction of it with a device, which just has three foot switches overall? Is this even meaningful if you have buttons to start and stop loops but cannot change sounds and effects anymore?

And if you consider to enhance the Player with a MIDI device adding switches, which requires additional budget and floor space, wouldn't it be more meaningful to consider a PROFILER Stage, which is designed for it?

its not hard to implement a simple looper using only one switch (TC does it) - it doesn't have to be the perfect solution every time.

• How would you do all this or even a fraction of it with a device, which just has three foot switches overall? Is this even meaningful if you have buttons to start and stop loops but cannot change sounds and effects anymore?

Why not have the possibility to assign the two external stomps or a two button midi controller to rec/oberdub and stop/del?

It is just my personal dream, this Player comes so close: THE one perfect small device to have. It has all. But one: the possibility that a looper gives. For me, this would make it perfect.

And my experience is that it is comfortable to have a little stomp separate by a cable from device it self dedicated for the looper. Not my preferred way to do because of latencie, but the given usb midi makes it possible to have the looper controlled via bluetooth. The phone (needed anyhow) or a dedicated controller would do it.

So why not let the user decide, what he prefers to control the looper?

If you haven’t guessed it: I would really enjoy to have the looper onboard the kemper player!

• The looper available with PROFILER Remote and Stage requires five dedicated foot switches for its full capacities. To have these available you switch these buttons into their Looper Mode via an addition LOOPER button. How would you do all this or even a fraction of it with a device, which just has three foot switches overall? Is this even meaningful if you have buttons to start and stop loops but cannot change sounds and effects anymore?

I am sorry, but I also disagree.

Three footswitches could be used also in combo mode (at least according the manual until now). Furthermore, do you think it would be possible from the technical point of view program them to act on "press (release)" as well as "long press (or long release in this case)". This would provide 10 footswitch action and the real flexibility a lot of people is looking for with the player (e.g. 5 rig acves + bank up/down +...).

If the Player will not run the same RIG (nr. Effects, control option, OS, etc) of the Stage, I see it as a different product. I really hope it will not be just a blocked version of the previous Profilers, but an outstanding product to cover our 2024 needs.

This said, I don't think I'll consider the Stage given the size and added complexity. You are right, I would save an external midi, but I need in any case to add some expression pedal and probably a wireless system. Unfortunately this does not fits my constraints and everyday life, or I would already entered into Kemper universe in 2019.

• 10 foot switch actions with three switches? With the only visual reference being LED colors and human memory?

/Username: UserInterfaceNightmare enters the chat.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Being that the player is meant to be in a pedal board chain, you're best option will always be a separate headphone amp on the board to allow pedals (like a looper) after the player. Check out the nuenaber iconoclast.

• They did by not doing it. You can decide to do (or buy) something else.

+1 There needs to be a leveled distinction between product tiers. If you only need seating for 4 people you can do with a small sedan but if you need room for 8 you need to get the suv. It doesn't make sense to purchase something designed for a specific role and then expect it to do all that the next tier provides. And being that this purpose is pedal board use, a looper doesn't make sense as it nullifies any pedals post player. That said, based on past experiences, I would not be suprised if CK and team find a way to stuff it in there at some point. Already the toaster does way more than I ever expected.

Edited once, last by dfdfan ().