Greetings, new member here (or relatively new anyways)

• Hey guys,

been a member for about a month, but haven't gotten around to posting, just lurking and reading :rolleyes:
    Anyways, name is Richard Lainegard, Swedish rock/fusion guitarist. First became aquatinted
    with the Kemper at NAMM 2011, and then again at 2012. Didn't pull the trigger until some producers/musicians I know
    verified that it really does take pedals brilliantly.

So I got it, and have been blown away on a daily basis every since.
    The usage got upped considerably after Andy at TheAmpFactory asked me to
    record clips for his profiles on Pack 2, which are up on their website.
    That was an insane weekend of playing to be sure, so many great tones in that pack,
    and I had a helluva time choosing which ones to actually record :D
    I'll be recording clips for Pack 1, and upcoming packs as well (also planning a play-through demo video of
    some of the profiles).

Next up for me with the Kemper is a clinic tour in China and Japan in October, where the Kemper will serve as a pedal-base.
    For those of you heavily in to pedals, what are your fave rigs to use for OD pedals, and do you go in front of the Kemper
    of through the loop??
    Mine so far are probably the Fender Bassman profiles, or Marshall "Super bass" type amps,
    even though amps like the Trainwreck and TwoRock also shine.

I will actually profile a 1964 Fender bassman (stock) with 2x12 Jensen cabinet, and a superbass-modded
    70's Marshall head with greenback cab tonight in a friend's studio.
    The goal here is to create profiles that
    a.) Are the best possible base for overdrive pedals (since I do so much demoing, and videos with such), and
    b.) To create profiles that uses both "recording setup", (say like a Royer 121, Md421 and such mics),
    but also a separate set of profiles using maybe only a sm57 (which in my experience often is the setup that
    works best when micing live). I wish more profiles would state exactly what mic-setup was used. That would help
    us users to direct our attentions towards profiles that might more closely resemble how we ourselves would
    use the amp profiled when live.

ANyways, enough ranting, time to get packing for tonights profiling odyssey! :thumbup:

Here's my web-site if you want to take a peek/listen to who I am/what I do.
    http://www.richardlainegard.com

• Welcome neighbor! I got blown away with Andy's Amp-profiles and now with your guitar playing,
    thanks guys and keep up the good work!

A special thanks to mr. CK for making such a wonderful product,
    because this is the closest IMO you get to a tube amp, a product ahead of its time
    i just love it, nothing more to say!

Thank you all for making it shine :thumbup:

• Welcome! I haven't even gotten around to putting any pedals into the Kemper as its gainy sounds more than met my approval thus far. I agree completely that expanded detail on the profiled rig would be great. the problem is inputting all that info via the device is cumbersome. Once we have some type of librarian and/or editor I imagine full descriptions will be come more standardized.

• thx for the warm welcome guys!

A short update!
    Got back from China and Japan where I used the Kemper and it worked great with pedals!
    Ran it both through the PA and at the sme time Monout to FXin and cab on stage.
    Used mostly one of Andy's Fender profiles, and a profile I made of a personal
    1964 Bassman with Jensen. Then i used only a SM57 on cone, which I many times
    find works best in many PA's. SO depending on the stages I performed at I switched between profiles.