Kemper player volume boost

• I love my Kemper player, but I want an efficient volume boost so thinking of the options, so my current setup is that I only use 3/4 rigs - do I sacrifice the last block and add the pure boost? Do I just get myself a boost pedal?

What’s your thoughts?

• simplest way is to use one of your FX blocks as a boost.

You could also control the output volume with an expression pedal and set the working range (ie min = rhythm volume, max = solo volume) to save consuming an FX block.

You could get an additional pedal that offers a similar function (compressor/volume/boost/etc)

going a step further, and a bit more technical, you could access the rig volume via midi control, as demonstrated here:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

thread in these forums-

• Hi slateboy - I use the midi option at the moment and it’s great but my midi pedal doesn’t have any kind of ‘light’ to say it’s on or off - sometimes it just stays on because I forget lol - after some form of knowing that it’s on lol

• Hi slateboy - I use the midi option at the moment and it’s great but my midi pedal doesn’t have any kind of ‘light’ to say it’s on or off - sometimes it just stays on because I forget lol - after some form of knowing that it’s on lol

sympathise with your situation.

The limited visual indication of which FX blocks are on and the "yet to learn" coded "bank-numbers-by-colour" on the player does make it a little harder to use than the rack or stage. Though i appreciate what Kemper have done with a compact unit is awesome.

Certainly some visual indication on your midi device could prove highly useful.

Out of interest, sfa_100 what midi device are you using and how are you using it ?

• I’m currently using an Ampero midi controller- it’s fine and does as it says, I have the kemper switches turning on various FX as and when I need, the Ampero 1 to 3 buttons/switches select the rig I want and the 4th button/switch is my boost, I use the master out for the boost, not the rig level, I have the Ampero send one set of CC (nrpn pairs) to boost and then the next press takes it back to it’s normal volume - works well but it’s limited- currently building a midi controller to do exactly as I need but like most things it takes time

Steve

• I don't know if this will help but I often set my loudest tone at guitar knob - full volume, then I roll down for rhythm and roll up for my boost. If you get into a habit with it then it will save you a block.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I would use the loose-one-fx-block- option. But instead of a pure boost use an eq, with which you can boost the frequencies useful for cutting through the mix. I personally like to boost around 1k.