Profiling a computer based amp sim

• I know the instructions are in the manual but I cant get it to work.
    My setup is a UR44 and Cubase 11.

I have the input set as mono 1 (UR44 input1) and fed from Direct Output on the KPA

The output for the track on Cubase I have set to output 3 (UR44 mix2L) and connected line out 3 to Return input on the KPA.
    This is what I get when trying to profile:

kpa2.jpg

These are my KPA out settings:

kpa1.jpg

I'm missing something here, anyone have an answer?

Thanks

• Hi Don,
    Just to clarify. I'm trying to match a guitar sound from a previous track for which I don't have the original patch anymore.

I've recorded a similar part, added a vst amp as an insert and tone matched it using Ozone also as an insert.
    That track is then sent to mono 3 which is Line out 3 on the UR44 (UR44 mix2L) and connected to the KPA Return Input.

I then send the Direct out/Send to input 1 of the UR44.

Thing is, when I play the part on Cubase there is no input light flashing on the KPA which I presume is what would happen.

• you cannot send a prerecorded track to the Profiler for profiling. You need to send the profiling signal into the channel in your DAW that has the plug-ins inserted that you want to profile and route the output of that channel back to the return input of the Profiler.

• I understand I cant send the pre recorded track.

I am trying to send the plug ins I used to copy the sound of the track (amp vst and tone match info) in to the KPA for profiling.
    That track is then sent to mono 3 which is Line out 3 on the UR44 (UR44 mix2L) and connected to the KPA Return Input.

I then send the Direct out/Send to input 1 of the UR44.