Hello from USA -> Florida -> Tampa (Palm Harbor)

• • Hello - Intro time - My name is Ian, and I’m a struggling full time musician - I only play original music, thus probably why I’m struggling Ian C.T. vom Saal

• I have a degree in music from Palm Beach State / Florida Atlantic University; in performance (jazz and classical guitar), but I typically only play original rock now.

• I’m a session guitarist, when I get the work, which is pretty much little to nonexistent these days. I used to work at Record Plant in Los Angeles as a session guitarist and runner, and I’ve recorded in several other recording studios in California, Atlanta, & Florida.

• I’m currently a guest artist 'adjunct' guitar instructor at the Leadership Conservatory For The Arts, and sometimes I run sound for their orchestra and ensemble concerts.

• I’m also a guitar luthier, and I sometimes make handmade bespoke electric guitars;

Instagram - vom Saal Custom Guitars

Facebook - vom Saal Custom Guitars

• I’m the founding member, guitarist, vocalist, and music composer for the band Aries Rising. I started the band when I lived in San Diego and re-launched it in Tampa early 2012. After I blew out my voice in 2013 we got a new frontman; vocalist/lyricist & WWE / TNA Impact wrestler Daniel Solwold Jr. aka 'Austin Aries' (name coincidental). Dan left the band in 2017 to focus more on his wrestling career, and I resumed both guitar and lead vocalist duties. The musical focus is on ‘original' music, and the style is a blend of rock (hard rock, alternative rock, blues rock, alt/prog metal).

ReverbNation - Aries Rising

Facebook - Aries Rising

• My main rig generally consists of two '99 gibson les paul standards and two '13 schecter tempest customs (the guitar number fluctuates, but I'm currently down to 16 guitars). I'm currently trying to switch to the kemper power rack in a 4u with a voltage regulator, but my main tube amp is a mesa-boogie road king 2 into a port city 2X12 OS wave cabinet (honestly, it's one of the best sounding cabs on the market). I have a HUGE pedal pedalboard that I don't use, which includes a carl martin plexi-tone, a radial hot british, and a gold klon centaur (which I bought used in ‘99 with one of my les pauls). I haven’t used the pedalboard since '06 (most are still in the road case), and I basically only use a delay with the mesa road king, so I don’t even know why I still own half of them. I converted my rig to MIDI in 2016 via an RJM amp gizmo and a rocktron all access MIDI-raider touring footcontroller - the backup amp in my rack is an ElevenRack (the road king was so bulletproof that I never even figured out how to use). Everything is housed in a 6U rack with a furman ar1215 voltage regulator (power conditioners are just glorified power strips; they don’t really protect your rig from fluctuating voltages, and the power at most festivals, outdoor venues, and even a lot of clubs is all over the place).

• Presently I’m in the process of starting to move over to a Kemper Power Rack. I have no idea what I’m doing or how this things works, but hopefully this kemper will help to streamline my rig a bit, and keep with reliability and portability, and then maybe any $$ I make can go into, like . . . more guitars or something instead of tubes (a good Road King tube set is over $500 now, yikes).

• Thanks for sharing Ian. Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup: 8)

• Welcome to the Party!

thanks BayouTexan 👍🏻

Thanks for sharing Ian. Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup: 8)

deadman, I’m trying. It’s a sanguinary profession, and the music business here in the Tampa area isn’t good. Hopefully I’m able to figure this kemper thing out - it’s in the mail, and I should be receiving it next week. Other than working with protools for years I’m not super tech savy, so this seems a little daunting, but hopefully once I start working with it the learning curve won’t be insurmountably bad. 🤘🏻

Welcome to the forum! I lived in Palm Harbor and the surrounding area for many years :)

zappledan - thanks.When did you move away? I moved here from San Diego in 2006 to start a family, because I couldn’t afford a home there (median home price when I left was $600K). Sadly the music business here isn’t great. I did put palm harbor, but I’m actually just 1 block north of Klosterman Rd off alt-19. I live in an unincorporated area that doesn’t have city services like water or garbage, but ‘technically’ has a tarpon address (for mail), even though it’s not in the tarpon city limits; and the welcome to tarpon sign is further north on alt-19. 😄

• Hello and Welcome Ian ✌️

To start out with your new kemper, i recommend to you watching some videos like these:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• zappledan - thanks.When did you move away? I moved here from San Diego in 2006 to start a family, because I couldn’t afford a home there (median home price when I left was $600K). Sadly the music business here isn’t great. I did put palm harbor, but I’m actually just 1 block north of Klosterman Rd off alt-19. I live in an unincorporated area that doesn’t have city services like water or garbage, but ‘technically’ has a tarpon address (for mail), even though it’s not in the tarpon city limits; and the welcome to tarpon sign is further north on alt-19. 😄

I was there from 1991 until 2013, but I'm retired in the north Georgia mountains now :)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I was there from 1991 until 2013, but I'm retired in the north Georgia mountains now :)

Ohh okay. So you and I were here at the same time for about 8 years - I'm friends with most of the guys in with greg billings band. Georgia, I did some session work in atlanta at a couple studios in early 2000; after one john mayer invited me to see him play at eddies attic in decatur. Interesting town but I hate how confusing atlanta is; peachtree this/that. I got really lost several times.