How much DB for the Mains output volume (for FOH)

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hi,

Wat is the common DB level for the MAIN output volume to send to FOH.
    I do realise a lot is depending on the rig volume.
    But is there any rule of thumb regarding MAIN output level (DB) to be used?

Thanks in advance

• Not really. It's quite dependent on the gear you're feeding.

With that said, the main outs are fairly hot, so checking the -12db pad is a good place to start. Maybe try that along with the mains around -18db and see what the person running FOH says.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I typically send full out level from the main XLR but with the -12db box checked. This is often fine but sometimes the FOH engineer will request that I lower it a bit more. When running at home into my interface I typically run the same settings or reduce the output in RM by 6db to give -18db in total. Thinking about it logically I can’t really see any downside to leaving my default at -18db as Ruefus said so I migh just leave it there from now on but still be prepared to tweak manually if a particular engineer requires.

• Interesting point.
    The thing is, when I play at festivals, there is only like 10mins time to setup my gear.
    Because of that I wanted a starting point on the Mains Output Volume that helps the engineer to get my level right as fast and easy as possible (without requiring me to change the volume settings for Mains that much since I am focussed on other stuff of my gear)