Delay Trails

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

Hello, stupid question alert 😀

I am using the rack head and remote and for the life of me I can't work out how to keep the trails for delay going when I turn off the delay. I understand the spillover and how that all works, but is there a way to engage the delay, play, and then disengage the delay with the trails continuing?

At the minute if I turn it off it simply stops.

With the Helix this is super simple and I can't believe Kemper wouldn't include it.

Thanks

• I presume you have the delay in either the DLY or Rev blocks? Even though you can place any effects in any position only DLY and Rev allow spillover.

I’m not near my KPA just now to check but I think the Pre/Post check box might be the answer. Although this doesn’t affect the position of the effect itself it doe change where the Mix control is positioned. I have a feeling that changing this will affect whether the tails continue or just stop immediately.

• New
    • Official Post

the setting 'Mix: Pre' means you can for example lower the Mix parameter without affecting the delays already happening, including the feedback
    the setting 'Mix: Post' places the Mix parameter at the end of the Delay effect, and therefore turning down Mix now does of course affect the delays

switching off the Delay on the front panel has the expected effect, all the delays are gone. Since all the delay processing, feedback etc. is happening there it only makes sense that all this stops if you switch off the effect.

I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve, but try using Morph on the delay's Mix parameter with the soft button above set to 'Mix: Pre'

• New
    • Official Post

To complement that ... you didn't specifiy how you turn off the delay and where the delay sits.

If you switch off at the front panel, the effect immediatly stops. No spillover, since you are obviously not performing.

If you assign the delay effect to one of the Effect Buttons I-IIII of your Remote and switch it off via one of those foot buttons, you enjoy spillover.

Prerequisite: the effect sits in one of the two effect modules DLY or REV.

• Thank you so much for your help. I have now fixed this with your assistance.

Delays are all in the right place, however, it seems that if you alter the remote so that the loop button is set to control the delay, it works as if you turn it off on front panel. This has been the issue.

I have just gone to change it, and there is a delay on/off tail option that has now fixed it.

Thanks!