The plot thickens

• Here is the 1st track of a new synthwave album I'm working on for video game soundtrack.

Kemper cleans & NAM guitars : JCM & leads

Arturia synths DX7

& as always , the great Mats_Nermark RingMod Bass

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The drone distortion guitar only works on really fast short hits like around the 1:00 mark, and I would add much more mids and lows to it because it's too harsh and sounds like speaker failure throughout the song. The rest sounds good.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Here is the 1st track of a new synthwave album I'm working on for video game soundtrack.

Arturia synths DX7

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey Renaud!

Great track!

I love it when writers/arrangers dare to combine nice and "ugly" sounds and in this track you do that in such a cool way.

And you make me proud using that bass in such a novel way. :)

Cheers,

Mats N

Arturia synths DX7

Another cool track waraba , fuzz bass is a lot of fun to play with. Like Mats_Nermark I appreciate taking risk. I think the marmite response is probably because there's a fight for dominance going on between it and the synths for that upper mids region which is where we all assume "lead instrument" lives, you could bring it and the drums up, or roll off the upper lids for the sections where you want the other instruments to lead. Either way, well done!

• The drone distortion guitar only works on really fast short hits like around the 1:00 mark, and I would add much more mids and lows to it because it's too harsh and sounds like speaker failure throughout the song.

Yeah, I'm glad you fount this harsh , this was my aim , as this one is the 'bad guy' from the cinematic story

Mat's rig allows exp pedal to dial a band pass filter , and there is lots of possibilities to play with, I choose the loud harsh guy ;)

The good guys are the clean guitars & synths as Mats stated :

I love it when writers/arrangers dare to combine nice and "ugly" sounds and in this track you do that in such a cool way.

This bass rig is really interesting , as you cannot really tell if it's a guitar , a bass or a synth , and you can tweak it in lots of directions, I choose to play it only o the low E string for the 50+ tracks I made with it as a starting point.

And you make me proud using that bass in such a novel way.

Thanks a lot Mats, as said before, when I lack inspiration , I shoot one of your profiles from the official pack and BAM !

BTW when will you produce VOL 2 of this pack ???

• Another cool track waraba , fuzz bass is a lot of fun to play with. Like Mats_Nermark I appreciate taking risk. I think the marmite response is probably because there's a fight for dominance going on between it and the synths for that upper mids region which is where we all assume "lead instrument" lives, you could bring it and the drums up, or roll off the upper lids for the sections where you want the other instruments to lead. Either way, well done!

Thx Per, I will probably smooth out with the mastering , with my commercial tracks I most often rely to ozone for mastering & levels , the end users will probably hear this on a phone, so it's not such a big deal.

Arturia synths DX7

Absolutely fab track waraba I especially love the clean guitar accents, brilliant